launch help with icons

I believe XSkin is used to accomplish this: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32494&st=0&p=233842&hl=XSKin&fromsearch=1&#entry233842

Perhaps the source is also available for the screen you are looking at: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=88334

Edited by Manadar

i know how to make it look like that but ifu download the program u will se that the launch icons r just the exe's in the dir folder. so how would i script it to show the exe's that i have in a folder to show up like in the pic so that u just click on them from the program soit makes a easy program launcher

ok well u see how there is icons like disk check and so on. well they open the programs. this program some how checks the scriptdir 4 the exes then writes them to the program so u can click them and it launched the exe that is in the scriptdir. so i want to be able to do the same thing. get my gui to search the scriptdir 4 exes then imput them ito the gui so they look like a normal launch icon like on your desktop but in a gui.

Have you looked at FileFindFirstFile in the help file? I think that and the example that is in there will help you get started finding EXE's in a particular directory. Then what you would need is to be able to write a method (function) of your own to grab the icons, and make the programs run-able, and put them on a GUI.

It's a start. Good Luck.

Jarvis

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Oh, this belongs in the GUI Help & Support then.

To display an icon you simply use GUICtrlCreateIcon. Here's a nice example of that: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7958

Once you've done that you slap a label underneath, which you could underline.

To capture the click message just look for the GUIGetMsg return.

Good luck : )

Search the Example Scripts forum for "icons from executable" or something to see if you can obtain resources from an executable. Just try different search terms and I bet someone has already done that part for you. Putting them on a GUI once you have them shouldn't be hard. Help file has that laid out for you. Making the programs able to be run from the buttons is easy considering you already know their full path and name.

Jarvis

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

I think GUICtrlCreateIcon can read the icons from a executable, just like it can read them from dll. Just specify the index and it will work.

Ah learn something new daily, and that's really easy to do!

Jarvis

@Manadar...we're on a roll today.

AutoIt Links

External Links

thanks guys i will try. so there is no way to make it so it auto adds the programs icon to the gui so u dont have to set it up so that u can add other programs later so u can open them from the gui? yhe reason i want to make this is 4 my mum 4 her work i want to make a back up program and i also thought about making a easy program launch 4 her like in that pic.

You certainly can make it do that. Just have it scan the directory everytime it opens, or on a timed basis. Put the control creation in a for loop.

AutoIt Links

External Links

yeah but how will that work if i use GUICtrlCreateIcon how will it know what icon is 4 each program?

Good point...umm... I would have to investigate a bunch of executables to know if there is any "common" theme there. So that's what I would recommend you do.

Jarvis

AutoIt Links

External Links