Need help making icon (,ICO) files

I am interested in writing an application in order to create the icon themes that Drive Space Indicator uses for each drive. This script will create each icon from 2 images, one image would be the drive type (hard drive, floppy drive, removable, etc) and the other image would be the progress bar at the bottom of the icon.

I do not want to use or manipulate an external icon creation program in order to build the icons, but I haven't been able to find AutoIt code in order to create the .ICO files. If necessary, I would consider calling an external program to convert it from one format to another as long as that command-line utility had no GUI when used at the command-line (like Reshacker).

Can anyone help me or point me to threads that would help me? Any assistance would be appreciated! Thanks!

Edited by Dougiefresh

I am interested in writing an application in order to create the icon themes that Drive Space Indicator uses for each drive. This script will create each icon from 2 images, one image would be the drive type (hard drive, floppy drive, removable, etc) and the other image would be the progress bar at the bottom of the icon.

I do not want to use or manipulate an external icon creation program in order to build the icons, but I haven't been able to find AutoIt code in order to create the .ICO files. If necessary, I would consider calling an external program to convert it from one format to another as long as that command-line utility had no GUI when used at the command-line (like Reshacker).

Can anyone help me or point me to threads that would help me? Any assistance would be appreciated! Thanks!

If you need to create an icon from two other icons (to combine), see this (Example 1).

EDIT:

Also, read this.

Edited by Yashied

If you need to create an icon from two other icons (to combine), see this (Example 1).

EDIT:

Also, read this.

Hi, does your icon udf provide a way to write a hIcon as a .ico file?

I can write a working .ico file from from a loaded resource and I can extract 1 icon out of an .ico file that has multiple size/bits to a .ico file..

But I still haven't got a proper way to write a .ico file from a hicon.