P2P with Autoit3?

I am trying to create a "peer to peer" script for a game called lieroX so everyone will have the same map and mod files. I already can write the script to get all the files, etc. and then log it to my server but i am not quite sure how to add a shared folder that everyone can have access to. All the computers are on the same lan (i would prefer if this didn't matter in the solution)and you can't do any reg edits (don't know why you would need to but it is read only). The OS is Windows XP Pro, with non admin rights. If anyone know the answer or some ideas, PLEASE feel free to post!

>Also pls post if you know how to open up ports in autoit (see bottom)

Edited by computergeek

Just save all the file information on the server, and when someone wants a file copy it from the location on the LAN to their HDD.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." - Mark TwainPatient: "It hurts when I do $var_"Doctor: "Don't do $var_" - Lar.

Well this is out of the realm of AutoIt than, I believe. Transfering files is pretty inefficient in AutoIt I think. So you'll either need to stress your server of move onto another language.

I may be wrong.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." - Mark TwainPatient: "It hurts when I do $var_"Doctor: "Don't do $var_" - Lar.

To transfer files?

You could just setup a web server on your computer.

I don't understand your questions about OS's, AutoIt only runs on one OS, Windows. If you can setup a web server, then AutoIt can download files from it just like it was downloading from any other site.

Simply use INetGet.

These computers are school coputers :) that the script will be running on (for now) and they have some stuff disabled in windows XP Pro...Hope this helps.

Also, what server program would you sugest?

Edited by computergeek

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for takeing so long, (school and all), XAMPP works Great! But i need to open up 2 ports (tcp: 80 and 3306) inorder for the server to work. I want to automate this whole thing but i am not quite sure how. Much help would be appreciated thanks.

>so far here is the webpage front end (doesn't work completely but it's getting there. Also it hasn't been tested in firefox yet so pls use ie): http://www.haloacademy.com/p2p

>kapowdude: if the problem you were haveing was other computers "seeing" your server then opening up those ports might help. Once agaim, thx. It's an awsome program :(

Edited by computergeek