The simplest GUI question ever!

Hi,

am new to this feature of GUI creation in AutoIt and was wondering how to start off. Basically I need my clients to download a coupke of mandatory programs from the internet prior to start using a certain application. Now I have managed this with simple .exe AutoIT scripts and the self installation is done without any problem. But to think of designing my own GUI and let users control it sounds more exciting, so just for that reason I need to ask WHERE DO I START? Any hints will be highly appreciated.

Regards.

Make sure you have the latest verision and run this...

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

GUICreate("My GUI"); will create a dialog box that when displayed is centered
GUISetState (@SW_SHOW)   ; will display an empty dialog box

; Run the GUI until the dialog is closed
While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    If $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then ExitLoop
Wend

Straight out the help file.

Edit: Be sure to look at all the GUICtrlCreate features etc. They all contain handy scripts that give a demonstration of the control, should be enough to get you started :).

Edited by burrup

qq

Hi,

am new to this feature of GUI creation in AutoIt and was wondering how to start off. Basically I need my clients to download a coupke of mandatory programs from the internet prior to start using a certain application. Now I have managed this with simple .exe AutoIT scripts and the self installation is done without any problem. But to think of designing my own GUI and let users control it sounds more exciting, so just for that reason I need to ask WHERE DO I START? Any hints will be highly appreciated.

Regards.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The best can be to start with the help with the gui reference

after you can analyse each example in the functions description

Remeber typing GUI in the search page will give you the reference to the related pages. :)