Icon and File in 1 script

Right click on your .Au3 script and click "Compile with options..." I think you may need Scrite, if you don't have it, simply click Start > Programs > AutoIt v3 > Compile Script to exe

Edit: Once you have done the above you are able to select an .Ico file (Icon File) to use as the icon for your script.

Edited by burrup

qq

hi,

thanks for the reply. but i m not referring to the file icon itself. u see, when u run the chatbitch program, a few files are "extracted" as shown in the attache.

are those files downloaded from the web or "built-in" together with the exe file itself? if the latter, how can this be done?

Edited by iceberg

mouse not found....scroll any mouse to continue.

You can include a file in your script with the FileInstall Function. If the script it not compiled then the file specified will be copied to the input directory.

Say I have this script

FileInstall ( "C:\Test.txt", "C:\Program Files\Test.txt")

If you compile this the file "test.txt" will be included in the compilation, so the text file will be contained inside the exe. When you run the script it will copy it to the location.

To test this make a text file called test. Compile the above script, delete the text file, and then run the compiled script.

For more information refer to the help file

Its sort of like a Zip File, compressing all included files into one. Then when you run the exe the files are moved to there specified directorys.

Edited by burrup

qq