AutoIT + .h files

jbc1

Hi,

I have a number of functions I need to call before I call AutoIT's Run() method. This is to ensure I am running in trusted mode against my application.

But, my problem is these functions reside in a C++ .h file. Is it possible to call these functions from AutoITv3?

I guess not, but I live in hope >_<

Thanks.

First, take a look in the help file at these: #RequireAdmin and IsAdmin(). Not sure if that can help you, but have a look yourself.

Secondly, I am not sure what's inside your header file, but you can call methods inside dll files using the DllCall method.

#RequireAdmin and IsAdmin() will not help, as the application I am working with has a custom security sub system, which prevents other applications from doing anything with it, unless it has first invoked it's 'trust' API.

This can oly be achieved by calling certain functions from the .h file, unfortunetly, these are not in a DLL, so it looks like I'm screwed >_<

Thanks for your respone.

Functions defined in a header file don't usually contain any code. They simply give you a name and parameter list for functions that reside somewhere else. In the case of a header provided with a program, you either have to call the functions on a dll or the executable itself.

Granted - but this .h file contains code.