What affects pixel detection?

There's a program that I'm trying to use and it uses pixel detection. For some reason, it's not reading my pixels right and it just sits there idle.

My question is, what can affect pixel detection? List anything you can think of and I'll try it. For exameple... Do video drivers, monitor, video settings (specific), OS, etc...

List the things that can actually affect pixel detection, thanks.

Edited by woodyfly

The color bit depth and resolution I believe can. That's what I got off the top of my head. Also, some gfx card drivers can enable you to change things like the saturation of your screen, and I don't know if that would affect a pixel detection, or if that's just a monitor based change, or something

We ought not to misbehave, but we should look as though we could.

the monitor can't change the pixel detection, since all that it's doing is displaying the information. It's all still there, and everything's still happening, you just can't see it. But cageman is probably right.

read what documentation came with the program, and see if it requires a set resolution. If it does, it would probably be 1024x768 (which you might try even if it doesn't say anything) since that's a standard resolution almost all monitors/gfx cards support.

Edited by mistersquirrle

We ought not to misbehave, but we should look as though we could.