Launching A Program

Snarg

Ok, this is my first foray into AutoIt 3. I can do many things in version 2.X but I decided to get with the now and upgrade. However, I am having some difficulty with the easiest thing.

I like to start small and work from there. So, going about as small as you can, I wanted AutoIt to launch a program. It will read the working directory from the registry. With 2.x this was easy. It *seems* easier with 3 but it won't work. Could someone please point out where I went wrong? I feel so stupid...

$D2Path = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Diablo II", "InstallPath")
Run("Diablo II.exe", "$D2Path")

I also tried it this way:

$D2Path = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Diablo II", "InstallPath")
Run("Diablo II.exe", "D2Path")

I know it's the correct registry path, it worked with 2.x. Any help is greatly appreciated.

A little reading goes a long way. Post count means nothing.

Thanks Larry. I got it to launch a program (finaly) but what I ended up with is not even close to how it is described in the help file. This is how I got it to work:

Run($D2Path & "\" & "Diablo II.exe", $D2Path)

Once again, thank you Larry. Now that I think about it, the line does make sense and is in compliance with the help file.

I'll try and keep the rest of my stupid questions to myself :)