Help with pressing a button...

sbd

Hi All,

I first searched the forums for a solution and have not found it or have not recognised it when I saw it, so I hope someone can help.

I have been using AutoIt for a few weeks now, making installers for some applications and have had success and fun in the process.

Then I ran into a problem that a novice like me has been unable to resolve.

I’m trying to click on a button, I know, sounds simple enough but I can’t for the life of me work it out.

The button is ‘Setup’ in the GUI of NOD32, there is no ALT shortcut for the button.

All the previous work I have done with AI has been with sending the command to the appropriate ALT shortcut.

Now that I have a button without an ALT shortcut I’m having trouble.

I have attached two screen grabs, one of the GUI in NOD32 I want to interact with and the other is the Window Info tool while the Finder Tool was hovering over the ‘Setup’ button that I want to click.

If someone could help me with what the line should look like I should be able to use the example to complete my project.

NOD32

Windows Info tool

If you require any more information please let me know.

Thanks for any assistance.

Thanks for your quick reply omikron48.

The buttons in this area of the GUI do not seem to have specific ID’s.

The whole area is ID 2 if you look at the screen grab.

I have been trying to use its coordinates but don’t know how to identify the area and the specific button.

Could you look at the second screen grab and tell me what the line should look like?

Thanks

Hmm. Could be a bit difficult if the button isn't really a button or a standard control.

You could always try tabbing and using the arrow keys until you focus on the control you want. This method should work if you can get a good point of reference and the resulting movement is consistent and trackable.