How to use AutoIt3Wrapper? SciTE4AutoIt3

vmars

SciTE4AutoIt3 : AutoIt3Wrapper

1) why should i use it (to get the Smallest Executable possible?).

2) and how should i use it?

3) What options should i use?

4) If it is beneficial to use it, how can i get it to Insert itself into a New_Untitled_Au3_File?

5) Where can i find an 'AutoIt3Wrapper_Template'.

I see the Files in Folder'C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper', but it doesn't tell how to UseAutoIt3Wrapper, and when i Search the Help for 'AutoIt3Wrapper', all i get is 'AutoIt and Developer History '.

I want to get the Smallest Executable possible, so someone suggested using AutoIt3Wrapper.

6) Should i use a separate AutoIt3Wrapper for GUI and one for CONSOLE ?

Thanks..vm

1. Because it has a shitload of tools and options concerning running and compiling scripts.

2. Install SciTE4AutoIt3 if you haven't, then load your script and press "Compile" (CTRL+F7). Most things are obvious what they do, but for more detailed description press "Help>Help" from "AutoIt3Wrapper GUI" or "Help>SciTE Help" from SciTE.

3. That question makes no sense. We are not mind-readers here. Unless you say what you want to do nobody can say what needs to be used.

4. If you mean when you rightclick a folder and create a new "AutoIt v3 Script" it's in Windows\ShellNew\Template.au3

5. Find what? You make no sense again.

6. And again. Use the GUI version if you want a GUI and use the console version... If you want a console. But you bother? Just press Compile from SciTE. It uses the gui one for a reason.

• Developers

SciTE4AutoIt3 : AutoIt3Wrapper

1) why should i use it (to get the Smallest Executable possible?).

2) and how should i use it?

3) What options should i use?

4) If it is beneficial to use it, how can i get it to Insert itself into a New_Untitled_Au3_File?

5) Where can i find an 'AutoIt3Wrapper_Template'.

I see the Files in Folder'C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper', but it doesn't tell how to UseAutoIt3Wrapper, and when i Search the Help for 'AutoIt3Wrapper', all i get is 'AutoIt and Developer History '.

I want to get the Smallest Executable possible, so someone suggested using AutoIt3Wrapper.

6) Should i use a separate AutoIt3Wrapper for GUI and one for CONSOLE ?

Thanks..vm

In general, AutoIt3Wrapper does as its name suggests: It is a wrapper around Autoit3/Aut2exe/Au3check/Tidy/Obfuscator/Resource editing and much more. So it just makes life easier to perform all these tasks and doesn't do anything to make things smaller.

The SciTE4AutoIt3 helpfile contains all needed information about AutoIt3Wrapper and all other stuff that comes with the full SciTE4Autoit3 installer (In SciTE click Help/SciTE Help or Ctrl+F1).

By the way, I am lost why you reiterate the question you already asked in your other thread and got answered.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

And use mine >_< http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=100087&view=findpost&p=716242&hl=&fromsearch=1

After those things. It will make it a bit smaller and faster.

But be careful me script is very picky!

Edited by athiwatc

• Developers

And use mine >_< http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=100087&view=findpost&p=716242&hl=&fromsearch=1

After those things. It will make it a bit smaller and faster.

But be careful me script is very picky!

I forgot to mention this but when I looked at the source of Obfuscator I saw I already implemented an option called /om or /obfuscate_minimun which will rename the variables and Func to a shorter name. So when using these options it will make the source smaller:

#Obfuscator_Parameters=/sf /sv /om /cs=0 /cn=0

I haven't compared it with your programs output but just giving options here :(

edit: eg Autoit3Wrapper went from 647Kb to 639Kb so it does make it smaller but isn't that spectacular.

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I forgot to mention this but when I looked at the source of Obfuscator I saw I already implemented an option called /om or /obfuscate_minimun which will rename the variables and Func to a shorter name. So when using these options it will make the source smaller:

#Obfuscator_Parameters=/sf /sv /om /cs=0 /cn=0

I haven't compared it with your programs output but just giving options here >_<

Obfuscator will be better :( because my program does not read into the includes so you will need to put all variables in the same file. other than that it's the same I guess(working on the includes and stuff).

1. Because it has a shitload of tools and options concerning running and compiling scripts.

1) cool.

2) OHHHHH, in the "Help>SciTE Help" from SciTE". I was looking in help => help.

3) "We are not mind-readers here." That's a nasty way to say it. "Can you elaborate on ?#3", is a positive way to say it. I could have better said, "is there a Generic Gui version".

4) Windows\ShellNew\Template.au3 doesn't seem to mention autoit wrapper.

5) probably answered by #2 above, now that i found some docs.

6) "Just press Compile from SciTE. It uses the gui one for a reason." I don't see any Wrapper stuff.

7) Now that you have aimed me in the right direction (#2 "Help>SciTE Help" from SciTE"), i think most of my questions will be answered.

Thanks..vm

(In SciTE click Help/SciTE Help)

By the way, I am lost why you reiterate the question you already asked in your other thread and got answered.

Jos

"(In SciTE click Help/SciTE Help)" this would have been helpful in the other thread.

I felt i wasn't getting the answers i needed.

Thanks..vm