[Help] How to Find a Text in a Game Window

Hi every one, it's my first post in forum, i made a scrip to do some clicks on a game window, especific to buy some items using absolute coords and pixelsearch to find the place to do the click, but i have problems when the position changes.

The thing i want to do now is Serach for a Text in that window and click on it, but i can find a function to search text, maybe is a easy question, but after 5 hours programing i can fnd the answer, it's not an internet window, plz help me o do that, thx for read and congrats to the great forum and help tu provide to all

Dunkl3rKom3t.

Hi , This is my first post too.

I'm also trying to write a small script for my game. If your game is like mine, then there is no text to search for .. Most games are graphical in nature now a days.

You can use a pixel comparision to verify a text character or two but it would not be practical to try to "read" much text.

If the font is constant you can compare a checksum of a known screen location to verify a character. (most ppl use 50 by 50 pixel square for one character).

Maybe you can do what I'm trying.. I have Chat logging turned on and it creates a text file that autoit can access. :-)

Hi, my objective is look for a specific text and click on it, i have a script to search 1 pixel to find the npc and click on it, then one dialog opens and give me 2 options, what i do is put the specific coords to click on the answer i want, then anoher pixel search to wait the change of dialog and then click on a diferent position to buy the item, it works fine, infinte times, but the problem is when the dialog of the npc changes position, becuase i can't find the pixels again, then i need to find the text in the dialog box and then lick on it.

I can´t compare a pixel zone because the npc dialog can change the position in the 800x600 window, that's why i need to find the text to click on it, thx for reply i'll tell u if i can do what i want.

Dunkl3rKom3t.

Good luck,

I'm thinking that you might have to do a lot of experimenting in game to get something that will work for you. I'm just guessing from what you described.. But you might need a For next loop to go through an array of coordinates and do a pixel check in a around the clock search of your match (maybe only for 9 o'clock to 3 o'clock). Make the array relative to a mouseclick point, that way you can try a different spot without having to edit the whole script .. just change the center starting point.

It sounds like you are playing WoW or PSO and I can't help much .. cause I only play SWG till SWG:TOR comes out :-)

Again good luck.

Wish I could help, but I got tons to learn too :-)