Internet Explorer COM (Like AHK - Vista)

After trying to run a macro from AutoHotKey in Vista on Internet Explorer, realising that it doesnt allow me to input into text fields, I believe due to a security restriction.

Is there any alternative from AHK to allow this to work in AutoIt? I have heard from unofficial sources that this is also a faster way of making it function when actually running the macro can someone confirm though that a macro to input would work in vista from AutoIt?

I would be greatfull if you could reply ASAP, if this works I would be most happy, if you could then post some references to making it work with Internet explorer I would be greatfull.

Regards,

Jeremy.

That didnt list the error with Vista, it does look like I was asking about IE again but its due to the security features Microsoft put on Vista.

I started using AHK finally got it working for looking at the innerHTML to decide if the page was going to get processed the next time it runs.

I see your point though, but this was just regarding if AutoIt has better get arounds in Vista, sorry I probably didnt explain in enough detail.

Jeremy.

Edited by jezsmith

To be clear, there is a change in IE8 that makes INPUT TYPE=FILE fields read-only (you can't type into the fields even with the keyboard) so you must automate the form by clicking on the Browse... button and specifying the filename you want there. There is no general problem with text fields in Vista, IE8 or elsewhere.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble