Quick Platform Question

I am just wondering what platforms my Yahtzee! game will run on. I don't think there are any implications because it just runs off of files included in the installation. I don't have any of these computers and don't know enough about them to tell if my program will run on them. Here is a list of the platforms in question:

Windows Me

Windows 2000

Windows 2003

Windows Vista

Windows 7

Windows NT

Edited by dantay9

I'm sorry, but saying it's not AutoIt related when it's a AutoIt script is a bit... Ridiculous. So let's start there.

Now since your script is posted after Christmas 2008 it most likely uses AutoIt 3.3.0.0 which means it can not run on 9x and NT due to the removal of ANSI support. That removes 2 platforms (seems a bit weird to me that you'd even list Win Me).

Before continuing further I must admit I did not run the script or read every line, but there are still only 1 place the line can be drawn if you don't intend to modify anything.

Let's start with "ZwDelayExecution" AND "SetLayeredWindowAttributes", they both require Win 2000 or newer, so you may remove Me and NT again.

Then if we are counting your installer then you have the usage of "zipfldr.dll" which as you probably know is the "Compressed folder" that exist in Win Me, Win XP and newer (could also be installed in Win 98 and Win 2000).

Lastly there is a potential problem if you are accounting for x64. Most (likely all) of AutoIt's includes were written for x86, so there may be problems with data-types, etc. Most things seem to work (it's not like I have tested everything) but the potential is there. Be careful with DllCall or you will get memory-related errors.

So what do we learn from all this stuff I just wrote? Your Yahtzee script will work on Win 2000 and up by ignoring or fixing the zipfldr.dll (otherwise Win XP), but only when run as x86. x64 could work but should be tested before being advertised as supported. To run on Win NT 4.0 and Win 9x you would need an older version of AutoIt, plus get rid of the dependency on newer dll introduced with NT 5.

And a last warning. I have been up all night watching movies, and the time is far in the morning here in Sweden so I am just about as tired as one can be, so I wouldn't be surprised if it crept in an error or two in this text.... Mehh I'm not sure I understood the question anyway, but it was fun writing all of this while barely being able to stay awake. :D

I better end now before I fall to sleep at the keyboard so good night! :D

Note: I didn't include UAC in this, I am too tired. If you have any questions I would be happy to help after some sleep :D