Memory Scanner in Autoit

It's been a while since I've been here (a long while) and I don't have any code to post yet as this is still in development but I thought I'd start this topic so I could ask questions when I need to and allow you guys to give suggestions. So far I have some stuff planned in my head (not coded yet) and I have the GUI set up. This is what it looks like.

Posted Image

Those of you who use Cheat Engine may recognize this layout. I set it up this way because I'm familiar with this layout, it's easy to learn, and it seems pretty efficient. If a mod/admin wants to move this to example scripts because it seems more appropriate please do so, as I've sad I posted here since I have no code to show and I'm open for suggestions on features or GUI design. Feel free to post suggestions or just comments about how cool the project is (or how stupid I am for trying :D )

I inted to post code examples when I actually have some and I already stated why I didn't post in Example Scripts. I will have questions, there's no doubt on that, but at the moment I have none and only a picture to show, hardly an example. I also remember us having issues with each other in the past and I hope that won't come into play again. I actually have a question now, but please don't treat me like some know-nothing scripter, as that's what your comment suggested you thought. I fully explained why I posted here and when I have more code to show if this topic hasn't been moved yet I will personally request it be moved. My question is: How do you resize a specific column in a listview without changing the wordin inside. Adding spaces would work I suppose since no one would really see them unless they looked at the strings but it seems tacky. I went through the helpfile and didn't see anything, though I could have overlooked something.

I'm adding a feature that CE doesn't have, it's a good excercise for autoit, and CE is detected by most if not all "hacker-protected" games. I'm not sure on the ratio of games that detect autoit as a hacking tool but I'm fairly certain it's less. Do you have an answer to my question or is this going to turn into a thread to criticize me?

Edit: typo

Edited by dbzfanatic

Let me clarify my comment.

If everyone makes a new thread if they might have a question later on, then the people answering the questions will have to spend their time determining which topics contain questions and which topics do not contain questions. Instead of just answering questions, like they do now.

Using one topic to ask several questions that are very different from each other is also not a good thing to do. Because search engines and the AutoIt internal forum search are generally used to look only in titles. Your current title can be a bit misleading, that's why I would suggest putting this in another forum.

As far as a biased opinion towards you, I have no opinion at all. I would have made the same statement if someone else posted this.

How do you resize a specific column in a listview without changing the wordin inside.

Like this:

$List = GUICtrlCreateListView("Link|Title|State", 0, 0, 458, 246, -1, BitOR($WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE,$LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES))
GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 0, 220)
GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 1, 150)
GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 2, 84)
[font="Garamond"]Manjish Naik[/font]Engineer, Global Services - QPSHoneywell Automation India LimitedE-mail - Manjish.Naik@honeywell.com

Like this:

$List = GUICtrlCreateListView("Link|Title|State", 0, 0, 458, 246, -1, BitOR($WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE,$LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES))
GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 0, 220)
GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 1, 150)
GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 2, 84)

Thank you that was exactly what I needed.

@Manadar: If I were able to move this I would, but I am neither mod nor admin here so I can't. I have some code written now other than GUI and I'm probably going to edit the first post to include it once I get some more. I'll also probably ask a mod or admin to move this to the Example Script forum.

As far as I see it, I agree with Manadar to some extent, but since you have asked a question, to which I have provided an answer, I don't see why this has to be moved. It's not always necessary that you have to provide script while asking a question in this forum.

But as Manadar said, ask a question here, don't look for suggestions. And ask it in your first post itself.

Edited by Manjish
[font="Garamond"]Manjish Naik[/font]Engineer, Global Services - QPSHoneywell Automation India LimitedE-mail - Manjish.Naik@honeywell.com

Cool redesign.

Here is my question on it, how are you going to scan the memory?

I've written AU3 memory scanners using all the tweaks I can find to speed it up and it's still stupidly slow. It DOES return the same addresses CE does, so it works, but it's slow.

If the point of redesigning it is to allow for further automation and implementation of CE, I would highly recommend putting work into...

Making a scanner DLL. If someone who knew Delphi AND C++ could take the work that the CE team has already done and create a DLL from their source. It would allow projects like this and many other to even be possible. :D

Thanks!

Szh

As Szhlopp, i am also curious on how you are going to be scanning the memory. i would be very grateful if you would share how you are going to scan memory. I would like to do some memory scanning myself, but kinda unwilling with CE because of the detection reasons :D

For now I'm just using NomadMemory.au3. I know it's going to be slow since this is an interpreted language and I don't know enough delphi to make a .dll from the CE source. I remember your scanners Szhlopp, or at least one of them, but as I've said the main reason I'm doing this is to test detection, add a feature (divisible by), and to practice a bit. I'm not really making this to bypass any hacker prevention programs, but it would be good to test the base that says autoit is a hacking tool. I'm not doing this for speed it's more a proof of concept.