Windows exit code

Hmm it seems that i'd run in to a wall with this.

I have now searched the web for, somthing to help me but found nothing.

Is there realy nothing in AutoIT that can help me? Some func. reading parmeter reading or somthing lige that???

Please if some on know how to do it, throw me a bone

• 5 weeks later...

No one ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just an Idea. If you do a shutdown, WHY should WinXP wait for your script to finish? WinXP will wait some time and then kill the script, which means that your backup will probably stop in the middle of "nowhere". So, I think the script posted by cyberslug would be the solution.

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

Just an Idea. If you do a shutdown, WHY should WinXP wait for your script to finish? WinXP will wait some time and then kill the script, which means that your backup will probably stop in the middle of "nowhere". So, I think the script posted by cyberslug would be the solution.

Cheers

Kurt

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

U can spec. for how long time a script it alowed to run before xp kils it, from 1 sek to ever

U can spec. for how long time a script it alowed to run before xp kils it, from 1 sek to ever

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

where do you specify that?

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

where do you specify that?

Cheers

Kurt

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In gpedit :

Under Local Computer > admin templates (Not sure what it's called on a uk os, on the danish it's Administrative skabeloner)> system > Scripts> Max Wating time for ....

In there you can alsow conf. of you want the scripts to be run hidden or not.

>Might be that im not into all AutoIT :( but with windows i rocks :( LOL <

Under Local Computer > admin templates (Not sure what it's called on a uk os, on the danish it's Administrative skabeloner)> system > Scripts> Max Wating time for ....

In there you can alsow conf. of you want the scripts to be run hidden or not.

Can't find that on my Win2k machine ...

>Might be that im not into all AutoIT  :(  but with windows i rocks  :(  LOL <

O.K. then you should be able to answer your question, as it is more a windows problem than anything related to AutoIT :

Cheers

Kurt

Can't find that on my Win2k machine ...

O.K. then you should be able to answer your question, as it is more a windows problem than anything related to AutoIT  :

Cheers

Kurt

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well i did a littel technet for u

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/archive/c...s/2kscript.mspx

This should help u.

My problem is not to install a logoff script in windows, my problem is that i dont know how to use AutoIT to do for me :( so i can do i automatic insted of doing it by gpedit :(

My problem is not to install a logoff script in windows, my problem is that i dont know how to use AutoIT to do for me  :( so i can do i automatic insted of doing it by gpedit  :(

I see. But AutoIT won't be able to help you here. To do it without gpedit, you need to know the windows internals. As soon as you know them, you can easily script everything with autoit. But, without that knowledge, how could AutoIT help you?

Cheers

Kurt

I see. But AutoIT won't be able to help you here. To do it without gpedit, you need to know the windows internals. As soon as you know them, you can easily script everything with autoit. But, without that knowledge, how could AutoIT help you?

Cheers

Kurt

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL i think that i did mix up some answers, My prob wit the error code has been solved, i'd did it thru a User Logoff script > sow there for my other Q. how to bla bla.

You have a point, if you don't know what to do, then you don't know how to do it ;-)

Did the Technet help You ??

Did the Technet help You ??

Yes, thanks!

Cheers

Kurt