How to Get the Title of a Window and write on a notepad

Ajays

WinGetTitle() and Filewrite() will help you here. Don't feel shy to check in help file for this.. :D

[font="Garamond"]Manjish Naik[/font]Engineer, Global Services - QPSHoneywell Automation India LimitedE-mail - Manjish.Naik@honeywell.com

WinGetTitle() and Filewrite() will help you here. Don't feel shy to check in help file for this.. :D

Hi Manjish,

Thanks a lot for the reply and help.

I am able to get the title of the windows with WinGetTitle(), I am also able to print the title on the notepad with Filewrite().

Is their any way to print the title on the notepad with send() command.

I am asking this because when i am printing the title on the notepad with Filewrite(). After this operation i am printing some other lines on the notepad with send() command.

Now the other send commands overwrites the line written with Filewrite().

Please let me know if you have any solution to this problem.

Regards,

Ajay

May I suggest you take the AutoIt 1 2 3 course as well as viewing the youtube videos on AUtoIt. Links are in my signature

Hi Volly,

Thanks for the post, and many thanks for the tutorials.

Volly i am learning a lot from the tutorials.

I will be always in touch you and Manjish and all autoit forums members.

Regards,

Ajay

Yes the reason why that's happening is because whenever you open a file (without using FileOpen())the cursor will be at 1st character position. So when u send the keys, they will go at the top of the file.

Hence, the best option is to use the File.au3 functions. Open the file in write mode (either append or overwrite).. With append mode, you can append to existing contents of the file and with overwrite mode, you can overwrite previous contents.. Of course all this is mentioned in the help file, if you have the patience to read it.

[font="Garamond"]Manjish Naik[/font]Engineer, Global Services - QPSHoneywell Automation India LimitedE-mail - Manjish.Naik@honeywell.com