Running exe(Autoit) as System user

Hi friends,

I want to execute the AutoIT script.That script must run as System user.That is when you see taskmanager,you can easily figure out what are the exe are running under User(Admin) or by system.I want to run my exe under System.

Tanx in advance

[size="4"][font="Arial Narrow"][font="Garamond"]Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference[/font][/font][/size][indent][/indent]

The question is why do you need to do that?

My Brother use to play games and watch movies all the day.This is spoiling his future.So i wrote the script to kill all the unnecessary processes.Since he is quite good at system side,he easily figure the process and kill it.To get ride of it only i am askin

[size="4"][font="Arial Narrow"][font="Garamond"]Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference[/font][/font][/size][indent][/indent]

My Brother use to play games and watch movies all the day.This is spoiling his future.So i wrote the script to kill all the unnecessary processes.Since he is quite good at system side,he easily figure the process and kill it.To get ride of it only i am askin

This is a pretty stupid way to deal with the situation. Just show your brother the consequences of his actions and make sure he understands them. If he still continues wasting his time on the PC, then BASH HIM ON THE HEAD.

Edit: .. And steal his computer.

Edit2: My successful education and career started with watching movies and gaming, slowly that lead to me wanting to automate simple tasks, which lead to me learning AutoIt, which lead to me getting a education in IT, which made a successful career for me. I have no idea what I would have done if it weren't for my watching movies and gaming.

Edited by Manadar

In order to get admin priviledges for your script you must use this directive on top of your script:

#RequireAdmin
MsgBox(0,"","This script is running as admin :D:D win!!")

Tanx man for your response and advice

Tanx man for your response and advice

My best advice without going it to Trojan alike thing is using two exe's, close one the other open it back up.

Running as admin does not mean running as system, the task manager in admin mode can close the process still.

My best advice without going it to Trojan alike thing is using two exe's, close one the other open it back up.

Running as admin does not mean running as system, the task manager in admin mode can close the process still.

Yeah i know..Is there any way to do it

Yeah i know..Is there any way to do it

ProcessExists may help you. Check for the other process until it does not exists then run it back up again.

Edit: And no, I will never tell anyone how to run it as system because there is never a (good) need for it. There is always a work around. So use that work around. There is some good exe monitoring program out there if you really need to limit your brother activities.

Edited by WolfWorld

Uuh, remove his admin priviledges. You are in full control of the machine, there's no need to write a trojan like system that WolfWorld suggests.

That's not true, the script will need his password when the computer runs then in Vista/Win7 because he does not have admin rights. On the other hand using two exes will not close any UAC confirmed process as it has less privileges.

So here is another brick wall. We programmer sometime faces.

@Manadar it seem that he want his brother to play games but not that often.

Edited by WolfWorld

Uuh, remove his admin priviledges. You are in full control of the machine, there's no need to write a trojan like system that WolfWorld suggests.

Ok let me do some research on it and get back to you if i found something new.Thank you Manadar :D Edited by Mecrazycoder

That's not true, the script will need his password when the computer runs then in Vista/Win7 because he does not have admin rights. On the other hand using two exes will not close any UAC confirmed process as it has less privileges.

So here is another brick wall. We programmer sometime faces.

@Manadar it seem that he want his brother to play games but not that often.

When you remove his admin privileges he is also unable to "Perform administrative tasks" in task manager, rendering him unable to close any processes.

The script requires admin privileges to start and this is how you do it: http://www.jimmah.com/vista/content.aspx?id=2

Conclusion: Don't write trojan like software when you are in full control of the machine. Use the environment to your benefit and do not work against it.

Edit: This is for Vista, by the way. You never states what OS you are using. So, what OS are you using?

Edited by Manadar

When you remove his admin privileges he is also unable to "Perform administrative tasks" in task manager, rendering him unable to close any processes.

The script requires admin privileges to start and this is how you do it: http://www.jimmah.com/vista/content.aspx?id=2

Conclusion: Don't write trojan like software when you are in full control of the machine. Use the environment to your benefit and do not work against it.

Edit: This is for Vista, by the way. You never states what OS you are using. So, what OS are you using?

Windows Vista dude

That's great. Looks like you have your answer.

To sum it up:

1. Password the admin account

2. Remove admin privileges from all user accounts

3. Create a script that requires admin privileges to run and closes any not allowed processes

4. Make the script run on startup using the following guide: http://www.jimmah.com/vista/content.aspx?id=2

Good luck!

That's great. Looks like you have your answer.

To sum it up:

1. Password the admin account

2. Remove admin privileges from all user accounts

3. Create a script that requires admin privileges to run and closes any not allowed processes

4. Make the script run on startup using the following guide: http://www.jimmah.com/vista/content.aspx?id=2

Good luck!

Umm tanx dude i will do it :D