Strange happening...

I had an Au3 file i was working on, and went to convert it to exe using the external compiler so i could choose the icon quick...

long story short is that by accident i left the .au3 extension on the output side (bottom field)instead of .exe and it error'd out and DELETED my source code...not even to recycle it, just gone.

very disturbing, is this just me? or has someone else been through the same scenario as me before?

;Frank. 

Nope never actually done that before, but I have just replicated it and you are right.

Data Recovery software wont help you either, because the script file name just contains

the Interpreter binary.

Moral of the story is either just put an Input script string, and let Aut2Exe create the

output executable name.

or be more careful next time / Backup scripts incrementally with an archiver as you go

so any data loss or 'act o gawd' will be trivial.

Vlad

wtfpl-badge-1.png

Nope never actually done that before, but I have just replicated it and you are right.

Data Recovery software wont help you either, because the script file name just contains

the Interpreter binary.

Moral of the story is either just put an Input script string, and let Aut2Exe create the

output executable name.

or be more careful next time / Backup scripts incrementally with an archiver as you go

so any data loss or 'act o gawd' will be trivial.

Vlad

Amazing... thanks for getting back to me so quickly I appreciate you taking the time out to replicate my situation and confirm. The detailed explanation is very helpful. I do have an up to date compiled version still, will the decompiler ever support my version? i think it currently can only decompile 3.2.5.1.

I am running version 3.3.0.0

if anyone has any ideas on how to get this back that would be interesting, thanks again!

;Frank.