IE Proxy Settings

McFisto

Hi,

I'm brand new to AutoIt and trying to work my way through the Tutorials - but I need to get a job done and hoped someone would help me out.

Any help you can give will help with my learning process.

I would like to write a script that first checks to see if the Proxy setting in IE is turned on, if it is, displays a notification for the user to OK informing them the Proxy will be turned off.

If it is off, then it displays a notification for the user to OK informing them the Proxy will be turned on.

The IE settings I want to change is:

Tools, Internet Options, Connections Tab, LAN Settings, Use a Proxy Server for your LAN (tick box) I simply want to toggle this on or off depending what it's currently set to.

Any help will be appreciated.

Carl.

Hi,

you to proof the following Reg_Key:

See Function RegRead to get Keyvalue

Hkey_Current_User\Software\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings ProxyEnable 0x00000000 -> Disabled, 0x00000001 -> Enabled

See Function RegWrite to set value

If you want to enable proxy then:

1) Set Hkey_Current_User\Software\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings ProxyEnable REG_DWORD 0x00000001

2) Set Hkey_Current_User\Software\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings ProxyServer REG_SZ <Proxy:Port>

Not necessary

3) Set Hkey_Current_User\Software\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings ProxyOverride REG_SZ <local> This for not using Proxy for local adresses.

If you want to disable proxy then just

Set Hkey_Current_User\Software\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings ProxyEnable REG_DWORD 0x00000000

;-))

Stefan

Edited by 99ojo