sending values from excel sheets

vimala

hello sir/madam

Iam reading data from excel sheet and sending it to a combobox using send or controlsend() function.

values in combobox are

bangladesh

bahrain

barbados

ie.in starting letter b there are some five values.if i pass value like bangladesh it is not selecting it instead it is selecting haiti ie last letter of bangladesh.

will u please help me which control command to use

hello sir/madam

Iam reading data from excel sheet and sending it to a combobox using send or controlsend() function.

values in combobox are

bangladesh

bahrain

barbados

ie.in starting letter b there are some five values.if i pass value like bangladesh it is not selecting it instead it is selecting haiti ie last letter of bangladesh.

will u please help me which control command to use

How the combobox reacts to typed input depends on the API that created it. Some let you type in multiple letters to specify a selection, and some only accept the first letter, so additional letters change the selection as each is interpreted as fist letter only.

Instead of ControlSend() try ControlCommand() on it with "SelectString", or use the _GuiCtrlComboBox_* UDFs.

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law