General question around file links.

Jman

First:

I would like to say hello to everyone and say thanks in advance. I have been viewing the forums for the last two weeks before I decided to sign up. There is a large wealth of knowledge floating around here and the reason I am having to post is that im a newb and have not found a solution.

Q. If I want to have a file ex: mycheck.pll, this would house a few file names like:

myfinical.dat

myfriends.dat

mywww.dat

I want to be able to have a simple program to scan for these files and tell me ex: " Found Them " I am just wanted to have a test when I load a program that will use these files and if it cannot find the flies I want it to be able to create them as the info they 3 .dat files store are like name, friends, and a url.

Now I have tryed but just hitting a brick wall, and not seeing how to place the correct statement.

1st, I have made the mycheck.pll file and just thrown in the three files I wanted it to search for.

$file = FileRead(@scriptdir & "mycheck.pll", "*.dat", 1)

If $i = FileFindFirstFile($file & "*.dat") Then

"""Part I am having trouble with"""

Lastly sorry if my wording is not correct around what im trying to do, just that im new and I guess don't know the correct lingo just yet. Thanks again!

First:

I would like to say hello to everyone and say thanks in advance. I have been viewing the forums for the last two weeks before I decided to sign up. There is a large wealth of knowledge floating around here and the reason I am having to post is that im a newb and have not found a solution.

Q. If I want to have a file ex: mycheck.pll, this would house a few file names like:

myfinical.dat

myfriends.dat

mywww.dat

I want to be able to have a simple program to scan for these files and tell me ex: " Found Them " I am just wanted to have a test when I load a program that will use these files and if it cannot find the flies I want it to be able to create them as the info they 3 .dat files store are like name, friends, and a url.

Now I have tryed but just hitting a brick wall, and not seeing how to place the correct statement.

1st, I have made the mycheck.pll file and just thrown in the three files I wanted it to search for.

$file = FileRead(@scriptdir & "mycheck.pll", "*.dat", 1)

If $i = FileFindFirstFile($file & "*.dat") Then

"""Part I am having trouble with"""

Lastly sorry if my wording is not correct around what im trying to do, just that im new and I guess don't know the correct lingo just yet. Thanks again!

Look in the help file for the basic tutorials on how to use AutoIt.

Look in the help file for the proper use of FileRead().

Look in the help file for FileReadLine() if you want to read one line at a time.

Look in the help file for the correct usage of FileFindFirstFile() and FileFindNextFile() if you want to search for files.

There are example scripts in there for all those functions.

You might also try the AutoIt 1-2-3 tutorial script linked in my sig.

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• 2 weeks later...

Well looks like a whole new section to explore, will update once I get all this reading done, thanks again for the help.

Just wanted to give a quick update, i found that using arrays made this possible so thanks for the info.