Crash on Exit

KaFu

Hiho Community,

In course of enhancing SMF I'm stuck... everything works fine, except that under certain conditions the program crash's on exit.

Perform a search (e.g. desktop), open report with small icons, close report, open report with large icons, close report, close SMF => crash.

I analyzed the exit function "Func __ExitFunction()" and traced it down to the "Exit" call itself, up to that point everything's fine. I assume it has something to do with a resource not properly dispossed, a hook not unhooked or similar. I've been searching the flaw now for some days... more weeks :D in vain... maybe someone else can give me a hint.

Caution

It's not just a simple crash but sort of a loop performin a redraw. Make sure to have task-manager open to kill the process otherwise it might crash you whole machine.

http://www.funk.eu/SMF_v0_5_0_9_1.source.zip

Best Regards

Edited by KaFu

The link does not download anything for me.

Firefox 3 on Ubuntu Linux.

David Nuttall
Nuttall Computer Consulting

An Aquarius born during the Age of Aquarius

AutoIt allows me to re-invent the wheel so much faster.

I'm off to write a wizard, a wonderful wizard of odd...

Okay... for the time being this seems to solve at least the consequences... I replaced "Exit" with "ProcessClose(@AutoItPID)"... but this can only be a solution for testing and Beta development.

Does anyone have at least an idea, which functions might cause an infinite loop on calling "Exit"?