autorun.inf

tsue

hello, im tired of the file autorun.inf from the usb memories wich a virus use to infect windows,

i want to create a program that runs in the back that detects new usb or hard drives drives when inserted, but i dont know how to make something that yust tells the program wich drives are connected except for the disc/dvd drive so then i can use

if autorun.ini exists

then del autorun.ini

Can't do that.

It would be too late by the time you plugin your removable drive. autorun.if is executed the moment removable media is plugged in. Even if you delete it, it would be too late.

You can disable autorun for removable drives on your machine. The removable drive can still get infected and infect other comps, but it won't automatically infect yours. There's a switch you need to change in the registry for that. Info is on wikipedia.

Edit: If you have a good anti-virus, all those autorun viruses on flash drives won't harm you. It should get trapped the moment you stick the drive in. The only annoying thing is having to run scan everytime yo plug something in.

Edited by omikron48

Can't do that.

It would be too late by the time you plugin your removable drive. autorun.if is executed the moment removable media is plugged in. Even if you delete it, it would be too late.

You can disable autorun for removable drives on your machine. The removable drive can still get infected and infect other comps, but it won't automatically infect yours. There's a switch you need to change in the registry for that. Info is on wikipedia.

yea i know about that switch and that it wont automatically infect my computer, i already have it activated, when i get infected is when i double click in the usb drive, thats why the program can detect the autorun and delete it before it gets activated by opening the usb drive, or am i missing something

What you want is here: Panda USB Vaccine

hi, thanks for the answer, but it doesnt make it automatically, what panda does is to remove the autorun the problem is that im not the only one that use my computer wand i cant tell everyone to do a panda scan before opening the usb, besides i can avoid autorun activating by rightcliking then explore than delete the virus.

thats why i need to make a program that automatically deletes them

oooh, i didnt realise u guys could miss this , check out autorun eater, ikill, ninja pendisk , etc. i could list these just off my mind because i started off with such a project and more or less what i wanted to do had been done already by autorun eater project.

nevertheless, if u browse through the forums, u will find you can monitor disk insertion / removal using both wmi and windows api i had successfully come to the monitoring level and as far as i have tried i have been able to delete a few autorun.inf files before they get executed.

it is true that panda usb vaccine and flashy disinfector, etc offer you services that only immune your pc by disabling autorun and dont monitor autorun activity. so the first few projects would be of help to you. i have been using autoruneater constantly because what ever i had planned to do, i had progressed more than half way and almost before finalising it , i stumbled upon this project and was impresssed to see almost over 75% of my needs fulfilled ...