tobject

I have about 20,000 rows of data in my spreadsheet

I need to sequence each row.

So far I'm doing a loop

for $iNdx= 1 to $ReportMaxRows-1

$oExcel.Activesheet.Cells($iNdx+1, 8).Value = $iNdx;

Next;

but it takes so much time

Is there any faster way to sequence a spreadsheet?

why not use the function excelsheettoarray and get all the excel content into an array? It should be faster than reading individual cells.

But i must admit I am also having similar issues with that function too. It is also too slow and i expect for 20,000 rows it will take around a minute or two. :/

why not use the function excelsheettoarray and get all the excel content into an array? It should be faster than reading individual cells.

But i must admit I am also having similar issues with that function too. It is also too slow and i expect for 20,000 rows it will take around a minute or two. :/

Hi,

i expect even more time for this. It often takes a long time reading bigger sheets into array, it's a pitty....

Maybe save excel sheet as csv file and work with the csv file. Depends on the Data in the sheet....

;-))

Stefan

Hi personal helpdesk :D

I was thinking of that approach too but the problem is that all the formatting is lost.

btw, I have been searching around for a speedier way of working with excels and i found this statement by PsaltyDS to be quite intriguing.

PsaltyDS

lets see if my current research bears fruit.