MsgBox with downtime count

Rambo

I´m reading Autoit´s help, but i cant find anything about it.

I want to do a MsgBox with Button OK and a time count. So, if not pressed, the app itself continue when the time ends.

I know we can set MsgBox with timeout, but i want to put a counter in the button itself, so the user can view it.

Thanks

Hi,

I believe you make your own GUI for Msgbox for this to accomplish.

Make a function then inside it, create GUI, labels, and a button and some coding to update the text on button of countdown timer.

Just call it by function to show your custom MSGbox GUI.

Edit1: You may used Koda for you to design the GUI easily.

Edited by nfaustin
[font="Palatino Linotype"][size="2"]*** The information contained in this post should be considered and certified WORKS ON MY MACHINE ***[/size][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][size="2"] [/size][/font]

i see two ways:

first one

$i = 10
while $i > 0
MsgBox ( 64, "countdown to click", "click the button: " & $i, 1)
$i = $i - 1
wend

second is to create a mini-gui in msgbox-style (i would prefer this)

Yes, but how to put the counter just close by "OK"? I mean inside the button itself. The command MsgBox hasnt option to do this, right?

Thanks for your replies

Edited by Rambo

First, No the MsgBox function does not have this functionality. You could though have another script running that changes the text on the button control.

But as other have said, its easier to just create your own GUI.

[font="Impact"]Use the helpfile, It´s one of the best exlusive features of Autoit.[/font]http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q555375ALIBI Run - a replacement for the windows run promptPC Controller - an application for controlling other PCs[size="1"]Science flies us to the moon. Religion flies us into buildings.[/size][size="1"]http://bit.ly/cAMPZV[/size]

Well, that will create a lot of buttins on top of eachother.

Use GuiCtrlSetData() to change the text on the button

Example:

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 225, 97, 192, 124)
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button1", 8, 8, 209, 81, $WS_GROUP)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
For $X=10 to 0 Step -1
    GUICtrlSetData($Button1,"OK ("&$X&")")
Sleep(999)
Next
While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit

EndSwitch
WEnd

EDIT: Note that you somehow will have to check if the button is pressed as the program becomes non-responsive during sleeps, also the for next is not in the while loop so no checking for events there...

Edited by colafrysen
[font="Impact"]Use the helpfile, It´s one of the best exlusive features of Autoit.[/font]http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q555375ALIBI Run - a replacement for the windows run promptPC Controller - an application for controlling other PCs[size="1"]Science flies us to the moon. Religion flies us into buildings.[/size][size="1"]http://bit.ly/cAMPZV[/size]

little example code:

$i = 10
$GUI_Main = GuiCreate("Test", 400, 400)
$tb = GuiCtrlCreateButton("Counter", 90, 115, 80, 30) 
GUICtrlSetOnEvent (-1, "cr")
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $GUI_Main)
While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    If $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then ExitLoop
    if $msg = $tb Then
        Opt("GuiOnEventMode", 1)
        while $i > 0
            GUICtrlSetData($tb, "Cancel (" & $i & ")")
            $i = $i - 1
            sleep(1000)
        wend
        GUICtrlSetData($tb, "Counter")
        $i = 10
    endif
WEnd
func cr()
    if stringinstr (guictrlread ($tb), "Cancel") then 
        $i = 0
        Opt("GuiOnEventMode", 0)
    endif
endfunc

Hi Rambo,

Try this.

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)

Global $MessageBoxForm1,$flag_to_Exit = False

; Your main script here
Call_Message() ; your custom message box called
; Your main script here

Exit ; End of your script

Func Call_Message()
    Local $countdown = 10
    $MessageBoxForm1 = GUICreate("MY Custom Messages Box", 355, 135, 192, 150,$WS_SYSMENU)
    $Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("My custom text here.... Just add your personal messages", 32, 16, 270, 17)
    $Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button1", 88, 64, 161, 41, $WS_GROUP)
    GUICtrlSetOnEvent($Button1, "Click_to_Exit")
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
        if $countdown = 0 or $flag_to_Exit = True then
            GUIDelete($MessageBoxForm1)
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
        GUICtrlSetData($Button1,"OK ("&$countdown&")")
        $countdown -= 1
        Sleep(999)
    WEnd

EndFunc

Func Click_to_Exit()
    GUIDelete($MessageBoxForm1)
    $flag_to_Exit = True
EndFunc

;=====================================================================================================================================================================
; Function of Event of the GUI on GUIOnEventMode enable
;=====================================================================================================================================================================
Func SpecialEvents()
    If @GUI_CtrlId = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then Exit
EndFunc   ;==>SpecialEvents
; End of Special Events
[font="Palatino Linotype"][size="2"]*** The information contained in this post should be considered and certified WORKS ON MY MACHINE ***[/size][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][size="2"] [/size][/font]

I want to do a MsgBox with Button OK and a time count. So, if not pressed, the app itself continue when the time ends.

I have been looking for this too. The default MsgBox doesn't have any indication how long someone has before the message box will disappear. Even if you put in a message saying "Time out in X seconds", it still isn't clear to the user since he/she may not know how long it has been up.

@nfaustin: thank you for posting an interim solution for us!

But, we should add this to the "wish" list. I am going to look if it has been suggested yet.

Edit: I have added to the wish list #1178

Edited by hhzz

Remember it using mode

Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) ; ON

If your main script did not use this just turn off the GUIOnEventMode after exiting the function.

Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 0) ; OFF

Just search in the forum how to manipulate this mode.

I remember someone post it how to manipulate the GUIEventmode.

I have been looking for this too. The default MsgBox doesn't have any indication how long someone has before the message box will disappear. Even if you put in a message saying "Time out in X seconds", it still isn't clear to the user since he/she may not know how long it has been up.

@nfaustin: thank you for posting an interim solution for us!

But, we should add this to the "wish" list. I am going to look if it has been suggested yet.

Edit: I have added to the wish list #1178

That was a total waste of adding something into the wish list. MsgBox() is a standard Windows dialog and has no provision for what you want. If you want a time count to display then you will have to create a custom message box using the AutoIt GUI and a timer.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

I know we can set MsgBox with timeout, but i want to put a counter in the button itself, so the user can view it.

Thanks

Hello, maybe it is this that you are seeking:

_MsgBox.au3 (UDF)- support resources and URL for custom image... Custom buttons + icons (support GIF animated) + position, show countdown..

I hope to have helped.

http://forum.autoitbrasil.com/ (AutoIt v3 Brazil!!!)

Somewhere Out ThereJames Ingram

somewh10.png

dropbo10.pngDownload Dropbox - Simplify your life!
Your virtual HD wherever you go, anywhere!

• 2 months later...

; Note: Modify MsgBox window style, dynamic display countdown prompt text.
; Syntax: MsgBoxDJS (msgbox style signs, 'title', 'prompt text' [, countdown length (seconds) [, dynamic control, a sign of [, handle]]])
; Parameters: msgbox style signs, 'title', 'text prompt', handles all with the MsgBox function, please refer to the MsgBox () function description.
; Countdown duration (seconds) - [optional] units of seconds, the default is 10.
; Dynamic control's logo - [optional] 0 = dynamic "title", 1 = dynamic "prompt text" (default), 2 = dynamic "button."
; Note: in the title or the message box displays the time dynamically by default displayed in the string in front of, and if necessary adjust the position of marks in% s.
; Return value: (with the MsgBox function) Success = return press the button ID. Failed = Returns -1 (the message box is the user ignored).
; Author: Afan - http://www.autoit.net.cn (this udf borrowed guland idea, THX ~)

Func MsgBoxDJS($flag, $title, $text, $timeout = 10, $Cflag = 1, $hwnd = '')
    Global $Timer = DllCallbackRegister('Timer', 'int', 'hwnd;uint;uint;dword')
    If $timeout = '' Or $timeout = -1 Then $timeout = 10
    Global $_title = $title, $_text = $text, $_Cflag = $Cflag, $_ibj = 1, $_ttc = $timeout, $bttxtbj = 0
    Global $TimerDLL = DllCall('user32.dll', 'uint', 'SetTimer', 'hwnd', 0, 'uint', 0, 'int', 1000, 'ptr', DllCallbackGetPtr($Timer))
    Local $Mkmsg
    If $Cflag = 0 Then
        If StringRegExp($title, '%s') = 0 Then
            $title = '%s' & $title
            $_title = $title
        EndIf
        $title = StringRegExpReplace($title, "%s", StringFormat('%03s', $_ttc), 1)
    EndIf
    If $Cflag = 1 Then
        If StringRegExp($text, '%s') = 0 Then
            $text = '%s' & $text
            $_text = $text
        EndIf
        $text = StringRegExpReplace($text, "%s", StringFormat('%03s', $_ttc), 1)
    EndIf
    $Mkmsg = MsgBox($flag, $title, $text)
    DllClose($TimerDLL)
    DllCallbackFree($Timer)
    Return $Mkmsg
EndFunc   ;==>MsgBoxDJS
Func Timer($hwnd, $uiMsg, $idEvent, $dwTime)
    Global $TimerDLL, $bttxtbj, $_Cflag, $_title, $_ttc, $_text, $_ibj, $Timer
    If $idEvent = $TimerDLL[0] Then
        Global $bttxt, $CtrlF, $Static
        If $bttxtbj = 0 Then
            If $_Cflag = 0 Then $CtrlF = ControlGetFocus(StringRegExpReplace($_title, "%s", StringFormat('%03s', $_ttc), 1))
            If $_Cflag = 1 Or $_Cflag = 2 Then $CtrlF = ControlGetFocus($_title)
            $bttxt = ControlGetText($_title, $_text, $CtrlF)
            If $_Cflag = 1 Then
                $Static = 'Static1'
                ControlGetText($_title, StringRegExpReplace($_text, "%s", StringFormat('%03s', $_ttc), 1), 'Static1')
                If @error Then $Static = 'Static2'
            EndIf
            $bttxtbj = 1
        EndIf
        If $_Cflag = 0 Then
            $_title1 = StringRegExpReplace($_title, "%s", StringFormat('%03s', $_ttc - $_ibj + 1), 1)
            $_title2 = StringRegExpReplace($_title, "%s", StringFormat('%03s', $_ttc - $_ibj), 1)
            WinSetTitle($_title1, $_text, $_title2)
        ElseIf $_Cflag = 1 Then
            $_text1 = StringRegExpReplace($_text, "%s", StringFormat('%03s', $_ttc - $_ibj + 1), 1)
            $_text2 = StringRegExpReplace($_text, "%s", StringFormat('%03s', $_ttc - $_ibj), 1)
            ControlSetText($_title, $_text1, $Static, $_text2)
        ElseIf $_Cflag = 2 Then
            ControlSetText($_title, $_text, $CtrlF, $bttxt & StringFormat(' %03s', $_ttc - $_ibj))
        EndIf
        If $_ibj = $_ttc Then
            If $_Cflag = 0 Then $_title = $_title2
            If $_Cflag = 1 Then $_text = $_text2
            DllClose($TimerDLL)
            DllCallbackFree($Timer)
            ControlClick($_title, $_text, $CtrlF, '', 2)
        EndIf
        $_ibj += 1
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>Timer
;=========================================================================================end

Edited by netegg