Windows AutoIt to Standby

gertsolo

Hey,

I have a remote PC which I use as server for my media files. When I don't use it I want it to go to standby after, for example, one hour. When I want to use it I wake it up on Lan.

When I use the default windows power settings it works fine from time to time, but not always. Is there a better AutotIt alternative for monitoring a windows system and letting it go to standby when there is no activity?

thx

Edited by gertsolo

The more you learn, the less you know.

It depends on how well you define "idle". If you are only looking at no mouse and no keyboard use, that's easy enough. This CodeProject article has code for a dll that will let you check the ticks (a unit of time) that the user has not moved the mouse or touched the keyboard.

Hi,

have a look at the _Net* functions.

You may loop and check if files are open. In the loop you have a sleep (60000)

If no Files are open count up an counter and shutdown server if counter = 60

If files are open reset counter.

;-))

Stefan

It depends on how well you define "idle". If you are only looking at no mouse and no keyboard use, that's easy enough. This CodeProject article has code for a dll that will let you check the ticks (a unit of time) that the user has not moved the mouse or touched the keyboard.

I use is as remote server, so there is no mouse/keyboard activity. I want it to go to sleep when no other computers or media servers are connecting to it.

Then you might want to look at the command "net session" in Windows. I don't know for sure how it works, but I believe it will tell you (via the console) about any connections to the computer.

net session

Is literally what you would type into the prompt. I don't know if that was clear enough.

Edited by Richard Robertson

Then you might want to look at the command "net session" in Windows. I don't know for sure how it works, but I believe it will tell you (via the console) about any connections to the computer.

net session

Is literally what you would type into the prompt. I don't know if that was clear enough.

Yup, it is clear enough. I already told me that there are no active connections, so there is something else that keeps it awake.

thx

Edited by gertsolo