please help with command prompt

microbious

am trying to copy some stuff using Xcopy.exe in system32 here is the code

Run (@SystemDir & '\xcopy.exe /E "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\folder\" "foldername\subfolder" /Y')

both folders exist but nothing is copied

i tried everything i could think of and this seems to be the correct command.

xcopy window just pops and closes quick so i cant tell if it says any errors.

If i put CMD instead of Xcopy, CMD window will pop and just stay open and do nothing as if no commands were given.

I know that i could simply make batch file and paste

xcopy.exe /E "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\folder\" "foldername\subfolder" /Y

into it and everything would work but i want this command to be executed in autoit becaus autoit sucks at file copy commands.

I wish autoit could copy by date and have al those flags such as copy subfolders hidden files and by date and stuff :D

Please help me out here guys

Thanks in advance

am trying to copy some stuff using Xcopy.exe in system32 here is the code

Run (@SystemDir & '\xcopy.exe /E "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\folder\" "foldername\subfolder" /Y')

both folders exist but nothing is copied

i tried everything i could think of and this seems to be the correct command.

xcopy window just pops and closes quick so i cant tell if it says any errors.

If i put CMD instead of Xcopy, CMD window will pop and just stay open and do nothing as if no commands were given.

I know that i could simply make batch file and paste

xcopy.exe /E "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\folder\" "foldername\subfolder" /Y

into it and everything would work but i want this command to be executed in autoit becaus autoit sucks at file copy commands.

I wish autoit could copy by date and have al those flags such as copy subfolders hidden files and by date and stuff :D

Please help me out here guys

Thanks in advance

I don't think your %ALLUSERSPROFILE% is being expanded. Either use Opt("ExpandEnvStrings", 1) to get your script to parse the environment variable from the string, or pass it to a CMD interpreter:
RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /k xcopy.exe /E "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\folder\" "foldername\subfolder" /Y', @TempDir)

Notice the single quotes enclosing the literal double quotes. Once you test it, change "/k" to "/c" so the console window will close when finished.

:D

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

I don't think your %ALLUSERSPROFILE% is being expanded. Either use Opt("ExpandEnvStrings", 1) to get your script to parse the environment variable from the string, or pass it to a CMD interpreter:

RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /k xcopy.exe /E "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\folder\" "foldername\subfolder" /Y', @TempDir)

Notice the single quotes enclosing the literal double quotes. Once you test it, change "/k" to "/c" so the console window will close when finished.

:D

thats allot

i wonder why my example worked for regerit to export/import .reg files without any problems

why do i need those /k or /c switches ?

are those xcopy.exe switches or autoit related ?

thanks

thanks u guys helped me allot

am still learning :D

Do u guys know if autoit will have better file handling in the next release ?

Am talking about those optional stuff xcopy can do such as copy or not hidden/read only/newly changed only switches

man that would be awesome :D)))))))))

Do u guys know if autoit will have better file handling in the next release ?

Am talking about those optional stuff xcopy can do such as copy or not hidden/read only/newly changed only switches

man that would be awesome :D)))))))))

There are enough support in AutoIt to accomplish those... with combination of:

FileGetAttrib , FileGetTime , and FileCopy (of course)

Or better yet, you could create an UDF!