Digital Blur/Pixelate

sias

I've recently had need to start a new program in order to Blur/Pixelate an area of a screen. At first I thought no problem, I can just set a small square area and draw random colored pixels on it. Well this is all easier in my mind than when I actually started on this program. Before scrapping the whole idea, I figured I would ask if anyone has ever done a project like this before, and if you could kindly show me exactly how you went about doing it.

My first attempt was to modify a similar project by UEZ and his use of GDI+ in which he created a small box and drew random colored pixels within it, but because it chooses random RGB colors it didn't have an aesthetic feel to it. What I would like to do is choose only pixels colors from the area the box is on and just randomly change the location within the box I set.

Thank you for any and all help you may be able to give.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

I've recently had need to start a new program in order to Blur/Pixelate an area of a screen. At first I thought no problem, I can just set a small square area and draw random colored pixels on it. Well this is all easier in my mind than when I actually started on this program. Before scrapping the whole idea, I figured I would ask if anyone has ever done a project like this before, and if you could kindly show me exactly how you went about doing it.

My first attempt was to modify a similar project by UEZ and his use of GDI+ in which he created a small box and drew random colored pixels within it, but because it chooses random RGB colors it didn't have an aesthetic feel to it. What I would like to do is choose only pixels colors from the area the box is on and just randomly change the location within the box I set.

You could blur by say, setting each pixel's RGB as the average of RGBs of all pixels surrounding it.

For pixelate you could run nested loops over a step to go raster over an area, and draw a block with each pixels info. Eg: (0,0),(0,1),(1,0),(1,1) will have (0,0)'s RGB values.. this is 2x2 pixels with 1 pixel's color values.

Which project do you mean where I used random colors?

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

Do you mean the code from here: #667058?

If yes, then with this code I'm searching for all images in the universe :D but the code is not fast enought. Look for much better and much faster examples in that topic.

Or just look the my #04 Plasma example in "Some Graphical Examples Using GDI+". Maybe this is what you are searching for.

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ