Run command

keshav

Im using the following command to start and application with a parameter (Admin).

Run ($CLIENT_HOME & "Finder.exe" & "Admin")

It does not launch the application though.

I also included the standard_i/o_flag "$STDERR_MERGED" to check if there was any error. But nothing.

The variable $CLIENT_HOME is a Global variable and is included in the file.

Can someone correct the syntax for me.

Thank You.

What is inside the variable $CLIENT_HOME? What is finder.exe? Where is finder.exe? What parameters does finder.exe accept?

If you also include any flags or any other parameters for your run function, post them too. Not just some snippet that you just quickly wrote to illustrate how you somewhat use run. Show us how you actually use it.

This is why we ask people to create a reproduction script!!

Im using the following command to start and application with a parameter (Admin).

Run ($CLIENT_HOME & "Finder.exe" & "Admin")

It does not launch the application though.

I also included the standard_i/o_flag "$STDERR_MERGED" to check if there was any error. But nothing.

The variable $CLIENT_HOME is a Global variable and is included in the file.

Can someone correct the syntax for me.

Thank You.

Does $CLIENT_HOME end with a back-slash? If not you will need to introduce one at the beginning of Finder.exe.

I notice that you have no spaces between the program "Finder.exe" and its argument "Admin". They are needed. Also, you do not need to use the concatenating operator, unless you need to use a variable or something like that. Just join the strings. This may make it more obvious what you are doing.

Run ($CLIENT_HOME & "\Finder.exe Admin")

David Nuttall
Nuttall Computer Consulting

An Aquarius born during the Age of Aquarius

AutoIt allows me to re-invent the wheel so much faster.

I'm off to write a wizard, a wonderful wizard of odd...

Does $CLIENT_HOME end with a back-slash? If not you will need to introduce one at the beginning of Finder.exe.

I notice that you have no spaces between the program "Finder.exe" and its argument "Admin". They are needed. Also, you do not need to use the concatenating operator, unless you need to use a variable or something like that. Just join the strings. This may make it more obvious what you are doing.

Run ($CLIENT_HOME & "\Finder.exe Admin")

Thanks to you I understood what was wrong. I did not include a space before the parameter Admin.

What is inside the variable $CLIENT_HOME? What is finder.exe? Where is finder.exe? What parameters does finder.exe accept?

If you also include any flags or any other parameters for your run function, post them too. Not just some snippet that you just quickly wrote to illustrate how you somewhat use run. Show us how you actually use it.

This is why we ask people to create a reproduction script!!

Im trying to create a standalone script that will start my application Finder.exe where the $CLIENT_HOME can change based on the users path configuration. Sorry if my question did not give the adequate info. The reply from another user did help me figure out that there was no space before the parameter Admin. My test script had this one Run command with the 'configurations' as #include statements. I will provide code snippets henceforth. Thank You.