[Closed] How to Trap the Messages between an Application and the Screen (MagicTune)

Zohar

Hello

I have a Samsung Screen, model "960BF",

and this screen has no Buttons on it except the Power button.

Instead of putting buttons on the front panel, Samsung created a Software called MagicTune,

that you install on your Windows, and which enables you to Set everything you want with the screen(Brightness, Contrast, etc..).

While this idea has a disadvantage(what If I switch to a different OS that is not supported, or a future windows version that is not supported),

there are several advantages,

which the main one of them is The fact that you can Automate Setting Changes.

And indeed that's what I do, automate some frequent changes that I do often, to spare me from all the clicks+mouse moves.

Now to my question:

Can I somehow Trap the Hex Code that is being sent from that MagicTune application, to the Samsung Screen, when I do some operation in the application?

For example,

If I change the Brightness vai the MagicTune application, and I want to see the Code that is being passed to the Screen's Hardware..

Thank you

Edited by Zohar

The function I mentioned is for sending commands to a driver that is registered in Windows. I guess you didn't read the documentation for it that I linked to.

You would hook this function and see what the MagicTune program is calling it with. That would give you the information you need, if you know how to test it properly.

You would hook the function and have your hook display the information to you in some form. Every time you change one option in the MagicTune application, you look at the way the DeviceIoControl function was called. Then you can copy the call and do whatever the MagicTune program did.