sizing windows question

i need help on resizing a window to specific settings............also is it possible to resize a fullscreen game to a window........like, you set the game resolution to 800x600 and your desktop is 1024x768 when you resize it the fullscreen game becomes a window in the desktop and still retains its 800x600 size on the 1024x768 desktop..........

• 1 year later...

I'm bumping this becasue I have pretty much the same question.

If a game is in full screen mode is there antther way to switch it to window mode other than alt-enter with AutoIt? For whatever reason alt-enter is not consistent so I want something more reliable. No command line options available to start in window mode.

The sequence of events is:

Game starts in window mode

Game shows eula

Game goes full screen for intro movie

Escape cancels movie but game now remains in full screen unless alt-enter used manually.

Various waits have been tried, alt-enter works maybe 30% of the time via script. Maybe possible to add a loop that repeats alt-enter till window mode verified?

Buck

Lookup Opt("SendKeyDelay", 5) in the help files. The delay sometimes need to be increased for use inside games.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

well in most games(any that i have ever played... sept for D2 which is a easy fix) you can change in the ingame options that you want windowed mode...

just curious but what game is this autoit script for...