autoit application crashes at the time of "_ViExeCommand" use

babu

Hello,

Please help me out with this issue.. i m using Autoit V_3.2.12.1 and i am trying to use "_viExecCommand()" to set a parameter in my signal generator as shown below

_viExecCommand("GPIB::19::0",":FREQ 5.5 GHZ")

when i execute the above autoit script, the command got executed but everytime it is throwing a error message and crashes after that step.

but this doesn't happens with "*IDN?" command, so i don't know whether is there anything we need to set "Read" or "write" parameters in the syntax.

i've attached a screen shot below. so kindly check someone reply me asap.. Thanks.

Note: if i execute the same command ":FREQ 5.5GHZ" using Ni communicator.exe, it is working.

post-38236-12527457630989_thumb.jpg

Hello,

Please help me out with this issue.. i m using Autoit V_3.2.12.1 and i am trying to use "_viExecCommand()" to set a parameter in my signal generator as shown below

_viExecCommand("GPIB::19::0",":FREQ 5.5 GHZ")

when i execute the above autoit script, the command got executed but everytime it is throwing a error message and crashes after that step.

but this doesn't happens with "*IDN?" command, so i don't know whether is there anything we need to set "Read" or "write" parameters in the syntax.

i've attached a screen shot below. so kindly check someone reply me asap.. Thanks.

Note: if i execute the same command ":FREQ 5.5GHZ" using Ni communicator.exe, it is working.

You are using an out-of-date version of AutoIt. The Visa.au3 UDF hasn't changed in that time, but DllCall() has. So you should try it with the current version of AutoIt.

No idea what the problem is, but here is a troubleshooting step. Add this line to the top of your script:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Then run it from the SciTE console to see the output. This should allow tracing the problem into which function of Visa.au3 is running when it fails.

It's probably one of the visa32.dll calls within the _viPrintf() function of Visa.au3.

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

You are using an out-of-date version of AutoIt. The Visa.au3 UDF hasn't changed in that time, but DllCall() has. So you should try it with the current version of AutoIt.

No idea what the problem is, but here is a troubleshooting step. Add this line to the top of your script:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Then run it from the SciTE console to see the output. This should allow tracing the problem into which function of Visa.au3 is running when it fails.

It's probably one of the visa32.dll calls within the _viPrintf() function of Visa.au3.

:D

Hi,

Thanks for your help, i tried with latest version of Autoit and i am not facing this issue. And sure i will also try the second idea of yours.. Thanks a lot.

Babu,