How to login via Network?

Hi.

I am new to AutoIt. Is it possible to send the CTRL+ALT+DEL command from a Win2k-server to 60 Win2k-clients? Afterwards I have to send Login/Password so that the Login (as Admin) should be done automatically without walking to each PC every time...! How do I have to write that script? Thanks a lot,

White Rabbit

Admittedly, not an answer to the question, but... Think about this.

Would you rather send the Admin user and password information over the network in plain text 60 times or make 60 phone calls that say "Hey, this is xxxx from IT, extension yyy, I need you to click here, click there, click the OK button, and hit Next a bunch of time". "Okee, call me if you have problems."?

Me, I Opt for the latter. It takes a little longer, but its safer, and actually results in fewer and shorter support calls.

In response to, "I used to do this, that, and the other and its different than the way it was yesterday." Would you rather have to respond, "Well I farked with your machine yesterday, deal with it." or "Remember that upgrade we did yesterday? Corporate ordered it, thats the new behaviour."?

601DisengageEnd Program

use RegWrite to set these entries in the registry

Key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

Name: AutoAdminLogon

Type: REG_SZ

Data: 1

(Set this to 0 if you don't want autologon.)

Name: DefaultUserName

Data: PutUsernameHere

Name: DefaultPassword

Data: PutPasswordHere

An empty password will not work!

Name: DefaultDomainName

Data: YourDomainHere

then reboot the PC, there are some tools on the internet to remote boot a PC

then use RegWrite to set the Values back when finished or at least change

AutoAdminLogon = 0

DefaultPassword = ""

Similar to what drak says:

Try http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/m...shtml#autologon

Advantage of AutoLogon util is that the password is NOT stored in registry as plain text. (I'm not sure how/where it's stored, but it does work.)

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

No noooo -- I guess I explained it the wrong way: I dont want to do the login via internet on different PCs. It's all about two rooms (intranet in a school) with alltogether 60 PCs. As there is nobody in the afternoon I could logon automatically without going to each workstation.

I need to login as admin just one time .. afterwards there has to be the pupils-login again.

Is it clearer now?

Thanks for a hint again,

White Rabbit

..... and something else:

CyberSlug, is it possible to start that tool via AutoIt too?? I think I would have to login on every PC, use that tool and then reboot??

What I want is: Boot 60 PCs until Login-Screen appears. Then AutoIt should send CTRL+ALT+DEL -- then login as Admin -- then install some tools automatically on every client -- then logout.

Guest FranT

Hello everybody.

Same issue than White Rabbit: I have to upgrade 120 PC to Win2000-SP4, but

1. how to log as admin with AutoIt ?

2. how to transfer the update file (from a server) to the client post and then execute it ?

Thanks for helping

PsExec (run from the 2003 server) might work for you:

http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/psexec.shtml

Perhaps in conjunction with an AutoIt script on a network drive that the 20 pcs can access.

See also: http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/psshutdown.shtml

idea how this *might* work:

1) Assume computer is turned on and has the windows logon screen

2) Run PsExec to copy and run a certain compiled AutoIt script

3) The AutoIt script sets the autologon registry keys for Administrator username and password

See http://www.windowsitpro.com/Article/Articl...2821/22821.html for setting the Autologon count to 1

4) The AutoIt script could also add another script to the startup folder or the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run"

5) Use PsShutdown to reboot the computer.

6) Computer reboots and automatically comes up as administrator. The script in the startup folder or RUN registry key is executed. Upon completion, this script reboots the machine. (and makes sure autologon is disabled)

7) Computer is back to original state of being at the windows logon screen.

Edited by CyberSlug
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

One more thing:

; Lock workstation; ControlCommand should still work; Send might not

Run("rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation")

; rest of script goes here

;........

; Force reboot

Shutdown(6) ;force logoff

Thanks for your ideas, CyberSlug.

But there is still one problem: How to send commands via AutoIt the *first* time when nobody is logged in? Can I already send commands when the PC boots up and the Login-Window appears?

You wrote that Run("rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation") would work -- but does that make sense? I would need to have a CTRL-ALT-DEL-Key in this situation and then use Send("admnistrator") and Send("his-password").

The other idea (with RegWrite) is the same problem: Does this command work already when nobody is logged in yet?

Thanks again,

White Rabbit

But there is still one problem: How to send commands via AutoIt the *first* time when nobody is logged in? Can I already send commands when the PC boots up and the Login-Window appears?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's what psexec is supposed to let you do (I think).

Sorry for stealing the post.

I got an error of can't find network path.

What must be enable\unblock in order to use this psexec.exe

I'm using a WinXP Home SP2 system.

[font="Arial"]Thanks[/font]
If @error = me Then $sorry
Else
   Do
      $clarifyMe
   Until $meClear
EndIF
MsgBox(0,"Special Message!","Special Thanks to " & $allHadReplied,$Forever)

Hello,

@Igmeou :

1) you have to share admin$,

2) You might run the service Remote Registry service (but it's not avaible with XP Home :-( ...)

I'm using pstool for about 1 year, with 2000, NT and XP pro. But I have never manedge to make psexec on a remote XP Home :-(.

I have tried to run manually svchost.exe -k LocalService (it's the programm launched by the service), but I haven't more good result.

I have read lot of topic on other forum about psexec and XP home ; and lot of people have the same problem : access deny (with good admin login and password...)

Some thinks that psexec doesn't work remotely with this edition.

But I have never found an "official" confirmation of this ; so if somebody can confirm (or not) that ....