Creating COM Object knowing Class ID

sarbasov

Hi, guys! Could you please help me? My goal is to set up Internet Explorer Security Settings, such as security zones and their security levels. For that I need to use object Security Manager with CLSID = {7b8a2d94-0ac9-11d1-896c-00c04Fb6bfc4}. The problem is that ObjCreate function does not accept CLSIDs, only ProgID's as argument. But my required class does not have a ProgID. How can I create this object in AutoIt? There are a lot of solutions for .NET or VBS in Internet, but nothing for AutoIt.

Dim $obj = ObjCreate("{7b8a2d94-0ac9-11d1-896c-00c04Fb6bfc4}") does not work. Thank you for any help!

Find a good VBS example. Those are very easily translated into AutoIt.

Sorry, there is no VBS example also anywhere.

There is C# example, that is hard to translate into AutoIt:

Type t = Type.GetTypeFromCLSID(new Guid("7b8a2d94-0ac9-11d1-896c-00c04fb6bfc4"));
IInternetSecurityManager ism = (IInternetSecurityManager)Activator.CreateInstance(t);

Sorry, there is no VBS example also anywhere.

There is C# example, that is hard to translate into AutoIt:

Type t = Type.GetTypeFromCLSID(new Guid("7b8a2d94-0ac9-11d1-896c-00c04fb6bfc4"));
IInternetSecurityManager ism = (IInternetSecurityManager)Activator.CreateInstance(t);
Shouldn't that discoverable from a registry search for the GUID string as a key name?

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• 1 year later...