SQLite Tutorial for AutoIT

sp3ktr3

I'm not really a programmer. I dabbled mostly in video/flash type. Looking for a database application for one of my projects, I came across SQLite, and I know a bit about AutoIt. It seems like a good combination for a small idea of mine. The only problem is I can't find any tutorial on AutoIt using SQLite so I don't know how to go about it. I'm scouring the net for any tutorials I can lay my hands on but only found tutorials on SQLite. Can anyone point me to any tutorials or examples on AutoIt using SQLite?

I'm not really a programmer. I dabbled mostly in video/flash type. Looking for a database application for one of my projects, I came across SQLite, and I know a bit about AutoIt. It seems like a good combination for a small idea of mine. The only problem is I can't find any tutorial on AutoIt using SQLite so I don't know how to go about it. I'm scouring the net for any tutorials I can lay my hands on but only found tutorials on SQLite. Can anyone point me to any tutorials or examples on AutoIt using SQLite?

Hi,

You can be confident the combinaion works very well and is very easy to use.

If your application can cope with AutoIt being an interpreted language and SQLite being a serverless DBMS, then no problem: it's not a toy and you can use it for really complex applications.

Get started with the pointers already given, learn and practice SQLite with the command line tool (sqlite.exe) and enjoy. You will certainly find of invaluable help to have a third-party SQLite manager. Having tried many, I'd recommend SQLite Expert (free and pro versions available).

I strongly recommend you use the latest AutoIt beta for the best SQLite support (Unicode). You can download the latest 3.6.18 SQLite .dll and support tools, install it and use it safely. This versions offers great recursive triggers support.

If you have questions about how to use SQLite from AutoIt, do not hesitate to ask here: you'll get plenty of support.

If you have questions about SQL in SQLite, rather ask on the SQLite mailing list for superior guru support.

If you don't know how to waste you money, then sorry: you get all of this for free.

Have fun.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)