Windows Hooks vs. GUIRegisterMsg

dantay9

I am trying to replicate something like RocketDock, but with a little bit of QuickSilver in it. The project is progressing very well. I have run into a bit of a roadblock though. I have several GUIRegisterMsg calls and a single mouse hook. My problem is that the hook is activated before the registered message.

Specifically, when I drag a file (such as a .exe) onto a spot on the toolbar that already has an icon, the program runs because the LowLevelMouseProc function is called on the $WM_LBUTTONUP command. This is called before the drag function on line 187 in Includes.au3. Because of this order, dragging a file onto a space already assigned causes the program to run.

Is there a way to allow the program to run on $WM_LBUTTONUP except when something is being drug onto that spot?

Files removed to conserve space.

Edited by dantay9

I see that I am able to simulate the drag function manaully. I think the DragEnter and DragOver methods are what I am looking for. I am not very good at dll calls, let alone methods. Is there a way to hook the DragEnter or DragOver methods without having to simulate the whole dragging process?

It seems, from the lack of replies, that the fix to this problem would be very involved. From what I have read from google and from the link Yashied posted, it seems I would have to write my own drag and drop functions which is difficult. Unless someone can shed some light on this solution, I think it is time to move on and try to find another fix.

My problem is when I drag a file onto an already occupied space, the shortcut that was already there is executed.

Does anyone have any other ideas on how to fix this problem, even if it means going at a totally different angle?

dantay9, look at this, but it is complex for AutoIt.

I see you use my _GetRegDefIcon(), but this function is not perfect. Look at _WinAPI_AssocQueryString() from WinAPIEx.au3. It is only known to me "normal" way to get the location of icons for the registered file types and much more.