File Owner

Does anyone know of a function that I could use to get the owner of a file? I know that using built in functions I can provide a path/filename and get the different dates, size, attributes, etc. But how could I find out the owner of the file? This is on an NTFS formatted drive.

I dont think you can get it w/ any built in feature (I could easily be wrong but I didn't find any reference to it), *but you could do a

DIR /Q 'filename' > temp.txt

and parse the temp file.

Start -> Programs -> AutoIt v3 -> AutoIt Help File -> Index -> (The Function you are asking about)----- Links -----DllStruct UDFsRSA Crypto UDFs

I dont think you can get it w/ any built in feature (I could easily be wrong but I didn't find any reference to it), *but you could do a

DIR /Q 'filename' > temp.txt

and parse the temp file.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks. I'm not sure of an easy way to parse the file, though.

This worked for me:

MsgBox(0,"",GetOwner("C:\AUTOEXEC.BAT"))

Func GetOwner($filename)
    Local $a, $s, $tmpfile = @TEMPDir & '\getowner.txt'

Run(@ComSpec & ' /c DIR /Q "' & $filename & '" > ' & $tmpfile,"",@SW_MINIMIZE)
    $s  = FileReadLine($tmpfile,6)
    FileDelete($tmpfile)
    if $s = "" or @error Then return ""
    $s  = StringStripWS($s,4)
    $a  = StringSplit($s," ")
    if $a[0] >= 5 Then Return $a[5]
    return ""
EndFunc
Start -> Programs -> AutoIt v3 -> AutoIt Help File -> Index -> (The Function you are asking about)----- Links -----DllStruct UDFsRSA Crypto UDFs

"Works" is interesting...

1) If the file is supplied via UNC \\server\dir\file Dir translates the owner to '...' in a Workgroup setting, unsure about an Active Directory Domain

2) If the file is a mapped network drive the Computer name is set to the local machine not the remote machine. I have files on a server w/ the ownership SERVER1\USER but DIR says it's LOCALCOMPUTER\USER