StdInWrite

Cheez

I'm writing something that can interact with DOS commands, the problem is if the DOS command gets into an infinite loop (eg: ping -t google.com), there's no way to escape the sequence.

Normally one would simply hit Ctrl + C and it would print a summary, though sending any variation of "Control-C" & @CRLF & "^C" via StdInWrite() only prevents the information from being sent through the pipe.

Func Command($Command)
    Local $Run_Handle, $out, $line = ""

$Run_Handle = Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & $Command, @TempDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDIN_CHILD + $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD) 

While 1 
        $out = StdoutRead($Run_Handle)
        If @error Then ExitLoop 
        $line &= $out
        If StringInStr($out, @LF) <> 0 Then 
            Draw_Text($line)
            $line = ""
        EndIf
        If $ExitKeyFlag = 1 Then 
            ;StdioClose($Run_Handle)
            ;ProcessWaitClose($Run_Handle, 2000)
        EndIf
    Wend

EndFunc

Using StdioClose() merely closes the pipes, and the command appears to still be working (through taskman) ProcessClose() also appears to be ineffectual in closing the child.

• 1 year later...

Ctrl-C ist the control character ETX (0x03). Send it with Chr(3) :x

http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/chars/c0.html

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

I have a help desk software that I made for our support staff. One of the things required is the output of the dos ping command so I had to use ping -t, but as you found when you're reading the output it's difficult to stop.

Unfortunately Chr(3) or other forms do not send the term signal.

http://www.latenighthacking.com/projects/2003/sendSignal/

I downloaded the sendsignal.exe, this is like send a break, not a term. I interrupt the function and run the signal term (I had to run it in the child pid directly, not what run had returned). When the function gets interrupted and I run sendsignal I set another flag to have the loop check the output for "Control-Break" and when it does it dumps out of the loop and closes ping. Gives the exact output one would be looking for.

I was a little worried but it works flawless.

Posted Image