3.1.1++

jpm

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this happen for anyone else. It says the latest Beta date is the 14th but in the help file it says the 15th... and when I run AutoUpdateIt.au3, it shows me this...

Posted Image

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It happens to everybody because what I am doing is a pre-beta I should have say alpha.

I doing this because Jon can do it for the time being and I didn't received an official approval from him.

I am almost sure it will but I prefer to have a conservative approach for example I didn't deliver the installer neither the autoUpdateIt.au3

For this last one I have no access to the file which describe the version. :)

Devs and others - Just wanted to write to say thanks for all your hard work.

I have just tried out the com stuff on an inventory script I use - it picks up all the usual stuff - OS versons, installed apps etc and BIOS info. Instead of using writing and running vba scripts to get wmi info - I rewrote it to use COM - it works and appears to run much faster, with less code - thanks alot :D:D:huh::(

MS wrote a little tool a couple of years ago called scriptomatic

<!--********************************************************************
'*
'*  File:          scriptomatic.hta 
'*  Created:        August 2002
'*  Version:        1.0
'*
'*  Description:    Learning tool. Enables users to generate and run 
'*                WSH scripts (in VBScript) that use WMI to display
'*                properties available through the Win32_ classes.    
'*
'*
'* Copyright (C) 2002 Microsoft Corporation
'*
'********************************************************************-->

As it turns out this tool gives almost the exact syntax needed to use in Au3 - I would encourage everyone who is new to this to look at it. I don't know if there is an official download site for this tool - if there is - it would be good to link to it from the help file - if there is not I think it would be good to 'encourage' people to google for it - its only a 12k text file that you run with IE - very useful.

Again - thanks for your work :)

Not too long ago, they came out with a new version. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcen...s/scripto2.mspx

EDIT: Heres a link if you don't wish to use the Windows validation active x:

http://rapidshare.de/files/1297348/Scriptomatic2.exe.html

Edited by steveR
AutoIt3 online docs Use it... Know it... Live it...MSDN libraryglobal Help and SupportWindows: Just another pane in the glass.

Devs and others - Just wanted to write to say thanks for all your hard work.

I have just tried out the com stuff on an inventory script I use - it picks up all the usual stuff - OS versons, installed apps etc  and BIOS info. Instead of using writing and running vba scripts to get wmi info - I rewrote it to use COM - it works and appears to run much faster, with less code - thanks alot  :D  :D  :D  :D

MS wrote a little tool a couple of years ago called scriptomatic

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Microsoft has updated the scriptomatic tool to version 2.0. It is downloadable from:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcen...s/scripto2.mspx

However it does only produce VBScript/Perl/Java/Python code. It needs some 'fiddling around' to get the output from Scriptomatic converted into AutoIt script.

Regards,

-Sven

What I do like about it is that it lists the available options that can be queried - without something like this it would be difficult to know where to start.......

Scriptomatic2 is definitely more complete - althought at the same time it also makes the scripts look a little more complicated..

What I do like about it is that it lists the available options that can be queried - without something like this it would be difficult to know where to start.......

Scriptomatic2 is definitely more complete - althought at the same time it also makes the scripts look a little more complicated..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Steve8tch,

I've rewritten the Scriptomatic tool to produce AutoIt code. I've a bit underestimated the time needed to convert the tool, that took me some hours..

See the results at:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10534

Regards,

-Sven

17th April 2005 - v3.1.1.8 (beta)

Fixed : GuiCtrlSetStyle ES_READONLY on input/edit control (Thanks Burrup)

Fixed : Arguments in COM Methods did not accept expressions or other COM Objects.

I will try to release an installer beta version which will not conflict with the official one.

Thanks to JdeB from Scite you can run compile one of the other.

Thanks to Jdeb too the installer creation

EDIT : don't forget the au3.properties. You may need to update autoit3dir=C:\Program Files\AutoIt3. THe file must replace the one in the Scite installation dir.

I am sure JdeB will come with a better way to install it in next Scite version

Edited by jpm

• Developers

EDIT : don't forget the au3.properties. You may need to update autoit3dir=C:\Program Files\AutoIt3. THe file must replace the one in the Scite installation dir.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The new AU3.properties will be included in the next SciTE4AutoIT3 installer, but for the moment just download the version of au3.properties available in JPM's directory to the SciTE program directory.

It will add these option to the Tools menu:

Alt+F5 = Run Beta Autoit3.exe

Alt+F7 = Run Beta Aut2Exe.exe

Alt+F1 = Open Beta Helpfile.

Enjoy....

Edit:Also scripters using Tidy, don't forget to upgrade to the latest version because else the new operators will seperated by a space... ==> Details

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

17th April 2005 - v3.1.1.8 (beta)

Fixed :    GuiCtrlSetStyle ES_READONLY on input/edit control (Thanks Burrup)

Fixed :    Arguments in COM Methods did not accept expressions or other COM Objects.

I will try to release an installer beta version which will not conflict with the official one.

Thanks to JdeB  from Scite you can run compile one of the other.

Thanks to Jdeb too the installer creation

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

jpm,

You are the fastest AutoIt releaser in the Universe. Thanx for including the COM fix that fast.

Regards,

-Sven

• Developers

The new AU3.properties will be included in the next SciTE4AutoIT3 installer, but for the moment just download the version of au3.properties available in JPM's directory to the SciTE program directory.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just learned that a couple of things are missing in au3.properties posted by JP, that where released in the last SciTE4Autoit3. (tnx MHz)

Here is the version that will be in the next installer : http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/beta/au3.properties

JP, could you put this one also in your files directory ? :)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

@SvenP

Thanks for your work here.

@Devs

When this COM stuff becomes official Beta - is there any way of including Scriptomatic.au3 as part the standard install, perhaps in a folder

called ..\ProgramFiles\AutoIt3\Resource.

This script could then be referenced from within the help file.

I think this script/resource will be so useful to anyone involved in network adminstration that it ought to be included as part of the AU3 'kit'.

From time to time there will be other scripts that will be seen as 'really' useful that they could also be added to the resource folder and referenced from the help file.

Just a thought/suggestion.

Thanks again.

true I am the only one for the moment so I should the first/faster .... :)

jpm,

You are the fastest AutoIt releaser in the Universe.  Thanx for including the COM fix that fast.

Regards,

-Sven

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

RunAsSet not working anymore in unofficial beta versions. I have tried latest and 3.1.0.15 - both versions fail running

RunAsSet($username, $domain, $localpassword, 2)

---------------------------

AutoIt Error

RunWait("D:\path\remoteSerial.bat", "", @SW_HIDE)

Error: Unable to execute the external program.

The directory name is invalid.

OK

Official beta 3.1.1 is OK

I think we need a Bool function to cast variables to boolean.

For example:

$var1 = Bool("True"); $var becomes boolean True
$var2 = Bool(1398529); $var becomes boolean True
$var3 = Bool(0); $var becomes boolean False
$var4 = Bool("String"); Uhhh... I don't know, boolean True because the string is not empty?
$var4 = Bool("2398532"); Again, don't know?  Convert to number and then Bool?

So I'm not sure how a couple of those should behave.

Anyway, my interest in being able to use bool's with INI files. I want to read a key, pass it through a type-cast function and get my variable set properly. Its similar to the way we read Numbers from an INI file:

$num = Number(IniRead($sIni, $sSection, $sKey, $sDefault))

I'm looking to do the same with Booleans:

$bool = Bool(IniRead($sIni, $sSection, $sKey, $sDefault))

I think we need a Bool function to cast variables to boolean.

For example:

$var1 = Bool("True"); $var becomes boolean True
$var2 = Bool(1398529); $var becomes boolean True
$var3 = Bool(0); $var becomes boolean False
$var4 = Bool("String"); Uhhh... I don't know, boolean True because the string is not empty?
$var4 = Bool("2398532"); Again, don't know?  Convert to number and then Bool?

So I'm not sure how a couple of those should behave.

Anyway, my interest in being able to use bool's with INI files.  I want to read a key, pass it through a type-cast function and get my variable set properly.  Its similar to the way we read Numbers from an INI file:

$num = Number(IniRead($sIni, $sSection, $sKey, $sDefault))

I'm looking to do the same with Booleans:

$bool = Bool(IniRead($sIni, $sSection, $sKey, $sDefault))

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree, :) please Sven

3.1.1.10 uploaded (no 3.1.1.9)

19th April 2005 - v3.1.1.10 (beta) COM22 merge

Fixed : When a COM method fails on variable assignment, it would silently discard the variable assigment. Changed that, so it will now produce a fatal COM-Error, unless the user has installed it's own errorhandler.

Fixed : Two Object reference leaks in DLLCall().

Fixed : Minor memory leak in line tokens of type Object.

Fixed : A boolean value as default value in a function declaration was not allowed.

Fixed : Minor memory release bug in ObjEvent().

18th April 2005 - v3.1.1.9 (beta) dev only

Fixed : doc @error setting

• Developers

@JP, Please change the Title in the Helpfile from With..EndWith to With...EndWith. (3 dots)

Else the index entries arn't generated correctly and the F1 on the keywords doesn't work.

tnx

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

@JP, Please change the Title in the Helpfile from With..EndWith to With...EndWith. (3 dots)

Else the index entries arn't generated correctly and the F1 on the keywords doesn't work.

tnx

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no problem.

is it correct for the For...In...Next?