3.1.1++

jpm

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see some operator overides are now being used, without looking into the code, which I haven't written in C++ in to many years, being the $ is key to identifying variables, how feasible would something like $&var be for returning the address?

If something like this is feasible, I believe it would be a start to the building blocks for using pointers.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

I see some operator overides are now being used, without looking into the code, which I haven't written in C++ in to many years, being the $ is key to identifying variables, how feasible would something like $&var be for returning the address?

If something like this is feasible, I believe it would be a start to the building blocks for using pointers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ptr are not really part of AutoIt datatype, so this can of syntax as no meaning :)

@jpm did you have any luck implimenting CyberSlugs Nested Tab idea ?

His work around is good but its quite messy, It involves huge chunks of code hiding and showing every guictrl object according to the curently selected tab !

I need to create at least 6 tabs and withing each tab theres at least another 4 gui objects ranging from pics to progress bars !

When swapping from tab to tab its not all that smooth there ocasionally a delay in display of a second or 2 which looks horrible.

Any ideas on the topic ?

@jpm did you have any luck implimenting CyberSlugs Nested Tab idea ?

His work around is good but its quite messy, It involves huge chunks of code hiding and showing every guictrl object according to the curently selected tab !

I need to create at least 6 tabs and withing each tab theres at least another 4 gui objects ranging from pics to progress bars !

When swapping from tab to tab its not all that smooth there ocasionally a delay in display of a second or 2 which looks horrible.

Any ideas on the topic ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry,

I didn't the reason being the way the tab is implemented does not allow an easy implementation. You better consider to do it the CyberSlug or have a logic inyour program that hide/show control according to click on some control.

I understand the difficulty but think the way the microsoft GUI works(no tab in tab). I understand Delphi do different. :):D

24th April 2005 - v3.1.1.13 (beta)

Changed : UDF and UDF docs (Thanks JdeB).

Changed : STD I/O controlled by fourth, bit-flag parameter to Run() with $STDxxx_CHILD constants.

Updated : doc files for Run, AutoItSetOption, StderrRead, StdinWrite, StdoutRead, macros, TOC.

Moved : Stdxxxyyy functions to Process Management section of docs

Removed : Options ProvideRunStderr, ProvideRunStdin, ProvideRunStdout.

Changed : Tray... to TrayItem... renaming.

Added : @HotKeyPressed macro (Thanks Holger).

Fixed : Some fixes in Tray functions.

Fixed : GUICtrlSetStyle(..., $GUI_SS_DEFAULT_INPUT/EDIT) (to have all forced values).

Fixed : GUICtrlSetStyle refresh now the window.

Added : TCP functions from Au3Xtra (Thanks Larry).

Added : separate Links to beta executable/Doc

The STD I/O stuff works fine using the new parameter to Run(), and the new helper variables work as desired as well.

There are a few minor things in the docs, the Stdxxxyyy() functions still appear in the File, Directory and Disk Management section of the docs, and in the Stdxxxyyy() function examples the comments at the top refer to the functions as ReadStdxxx / WriteStdxxx rather than the current StdxxxYyy naming style (my fault, I submitted the error with the updated examples...)

Also, the doc text for Run() still refers to the use of macros in the final paragraph, and doesn't state that you must include Constants.au3 to use the $STDxxx_CHILD variables.

I've re-submitted my updates with the document changes.

Thanks so much for all your effort, JP.

Yes yes yes, there it was. Youth must go, ah yes. But youth is only being in a way like it might be an animal. No, it is not just being an animal so much as being like one of these malenky toys you viddy being sold in the streets, like little chellovecks made out of tin and with a spring inside and then a winding handle on the outside and you wind it up grrr grrr grrr and off it itties, like walking, O my brothers. But it itties in a straight line and bangs straight into things bang bang and it cannot help what it is doing. Being young is like being like one of these malenky machines.

Tabs stopped working :)

I just updated and ran an old script (which I run daily), and the tabs do not appear.

Even the example in the help file doesn't work.

This one:

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

GUICreate("My GUI Tab") ; will create a dialog box that when displayed is centered

GUISetBkColor(0x00E0FFFF)
GUISetFont(9, 300)

$tab=GUICtrlCreateTab (10,10, 200,100)

$tab0=GUICtrlCreateTabitem ("tab0")
GUICtrlCreateLabel ("label0", 30,80,50,20)
$tab0OK=GUICtrlCreateButton ("OK0", 20,50,50,20)
$tab0input=GUICtrlCreateInput ("default", 80,50,70,20)

$tab1=GUICtrlCreateTabitem ( "tab----1")
GUICtrlCreateLabel ("label1", 30,80,50,20)
$tab1combo=GUICtrlCreateCombo ("", 20,50,60,40)
GUICtrlSetData(-1,"Trids|CyberSlug|Larry|Jon|Tylo", "Jon"); default Jon
$tab1OK=GUICtrlCreateButton ("OK1", 80,50,50,20)

$tab2=GUICtrlCreateTabitem ("tab2")
GUICtrlSetState(-1,$GUI_SHOW)  ; will be display first
GUICtrlCreateLabel ("label2", 30,80,50,20)
$tab2OK=GUICtrlCreateButton ("OK2", 140,50,50)

GUICtrlCreateTabitem ("")  ; end tabitem definition

GUICtrlCreateLabel ("label3", 20,130,50,20)

GUISetState ()

; Run the GUI until the dialog is closed
While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()

If $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then ExitLoop
Wend

25th April 2005 - v3.1.1.14 (beta) COM26 merge

Fixed : TCPRecv doc (Thanks Larry).

Fixed : TCPListen min/max number of parameters (Thanks Larry)

Added : GUICtrlCreateMonthCal (Thanks ...)

Fixed : Optimized For..In loop for Arrays. It should run a bit faster now.

Added : Usage of COM 'default properties' is now supported (thanks KXM).

Fixed : Some minor documentation changes (thanks DaleHohm).

Fixed : GUICtrlCreateTab disapearing (Thanks SlimShady).

it is being uploading due to regression on tab

I like the new features  :D

I hope Jon doesn't mind that the file size between 3.1.0 and 3.1.1++ has increased from 116 to 146 KB

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hope whateveer the size he accept a lot of the improvements perhaps not all.

It is a alpha-beta version The boss is still in vacation!!! :)

GUICtrlCreateMonthCal? Is this the same calendar object I was asking about a few days ago? (I would check myself but I'm not at home) Wow you guys are fast. :D

*Edit: Ah who cares I installed anyway, I'll just uninstall before I leave. Quick comment: Shouldn't the @HotKeyPressed macro be documented in the HotKeySet docs? :D

*Edit 2: Trying out the MonthCal, it's cool. Seems to be a problem with the styles though. Weeknumbers seems to work fine, but the other two are bugged. If I use NoTodayCircle, the circle still appears, but a) It won't allow me to specifiy an initial date (it just shows today's date), and :) It always returns 0 (via GuiCtrlRead).

NoToday also still shows today's date, and it seems to bold some of the numbers (3, 5, 10, 11, 12, 20, 21, 25, 29, and 2, 4 from the next month). It's quite odd.

And just a little bug in the docs: TraySetOnEvent has a (broken) link to TraySetItemOnEvent.

Man I can't wait to start fiddling with these TCP functions. Hmm... do you suppose that they might deserve a kind of standalone reference page? Like this one for the GUI stuff?

Anyway, enough from me for now.

Edited by Saunders

Also if you have your resolution set at 800x600 the example for GUICtrlCreateMonthCal appears off screen...

Recommend new example?

#include "GUIConstants.au3"
GUICreate( "Get date", 210,190)

$Date = GUICtrlCreateMonthCal ("1953/03/25",10, 10)
GUISetState()

; Run the GUI until the dialog is closed or timeout

Do
   $msg = GUIGetMsg()
   If $msg = $Date Then MsgBox(0,"debug","calendar clicked")
Until $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

MsgBox(0, $msg, GUICtrlread($Date), 2)

Also fixed some proper case punctuation.

Not sure what the point of having the $start=TimerInit() was so I removed it.

Edited by Burrup

qq

At first: @jpm - thanks again for implementing all of this new stuff :D

@saunders: @HotKeyPressed info to "HotKeySet" ind docs - very good idea :)

I will write something and also take a look over all changed tray-functions-docs.

Thanks.

Regards

Holger

GUICtrlCreateMonthCal? Is this the same calendar object I was asking about a few days ago? (I would check myself but I'm not at home) Wow you guys are fast. :D

*Edit: Ah who cares I installed anyway, I'll just uninstall before I leave. Quick comment: Shouldn't the @HotKeyPressed macro be documented in the HotKeySet docs? :D

*Edit 2: Trying out the MonthCal, it's cool. Seems to be a problem with the styles though. Weeknumbers seems to work fine, but the other two are bugged. If I use NoTodayCircle, the circle still appears, but a) It won't allow me to specifiy an initial date (it just shows today's date), and :) It always returns 0 (via GuiCtrlRead).

NoToday also still shows today's date, and it seems to bold some of the numbers (3, 5, 10, 11, 12, 20, 21, 25, 29, and 2, 4 from the next month). It's quite odd.

And just a little bug in the docs: TraySetOnEvent has a (broken) link to TraySetItemOnEvent.

Man I can't wait to start fiddling with these TCP functions. Hmm... do you suppose that they might deserve a kind of standalone reference page? Like this one for the GUI stuff?

Anyway, enough from me for now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Saunders

I fix the HotSetKey,TraySetOnEvent docs.

I check what I can do with the MonthCal.

For the TCP reference I hope Larry or even you can do something. I will be glad to insert it in the doc TCPSend and TCPRecv are the complete client/server example from Larry :huh:

Awsome jpm !

The updates that has been released the last few days are looking very nice !

Ooh, so Jon is on a vacation..? I were starting to wonder why he hadn't been

here for the last weeks...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No it is not in vacation you see the ... . I was just joking. But it has a lot of work so I try to supply. :)

25th April 2005 - v3.1.1.15 (beta)

Fixed : TCPListen min/max number of parameters (was not fixed) (Thanks Larry)

Added : $GUI_EVENT_RESIZE with Opt("GUIEventCompatibilityMode",1) (Thanks Valik).

Fixed : Doc on resizing (Thanks Valik)

Fixed : Resizing of Combo cotrol (Thanks CyberSlug)

Changed : GUICtrlCreateList forced style LBS_NOTIFY (Thanks Valik).

Fixed : $GUI_NOTODAY... constants values. (Thanks Saunders).

Fixed : Run use of 3rd param when 4th par is defined (Thanks Valik/DaveF).

Fixed : Tray/HotKeySet Doc (Thanks .../Holger).