How to check too bar is ready

april

I am writing a test for one application. When application is running, it will start a tool bar, instead of window.

How could I check if toolbar is ready?

My code seems not working:

Run("C:\Program Files\Nuance\NaturallySpeaking9\Program\natspeak.exe")

WinWaitActive("DragonBar")

WinMenuSelectItem("DragonBar", "", "&NaturallySpeaking", "Manage User&s..." )

Thanks!

April

I am writing a test for one application. When application is running, it will start a tool bar, instead of window.

How could I check if toolbar is ready?

My code seems not working:

Run("C:\Program Files\Nuance\NaturallySpeaking9\Program\natspeak.exe")

WinWaitActive("DragonBar")

WinMenuSelectItem("DragonBar", "", "&NaturallySpeaking", "Manage User&s..." )

Thanks!

April

Lots of menus don't respond to AutoIt's native WinMenuSelectItem() function, as described in the help file:

WinMenuSelectItem will only work on standard menus. Unfortunately, many menus in use today are actually custom written or toolbars "pretending" to be menus.

I don't know for sure, but Dragon Naturally Speaking could very well be one of those menus.

What does it show when checked out with AU3Info.exe?

:D

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

For the menu part, you are exactly right. It is a button accroding to AuWinInfo application. After user clicks, it show a drop down menu.

How could I use au3 script to clcik something in that drop down menu?

Thanks!

April

Post the data from the Summary tab of AU3Info while it is examining the control. The window info will help figure out the WinWaitActive() problem, and the control class will determine how to handle the "menu".

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law