iniwriting to multiple sections with a limit persection

Just count the number of IniWrite you make into a particular section and when you reach 1000, change the section name you feed into IniWrite.

Do note that there is a file size limit with .ini in AutoIt. 33kb, I think. I think you need the Ex version for larger files. Not that familiar since I've never had the need to use large .ini files.

That is if you're doing the writing. If you're reading an .ini file, you use IniReadSection. The number of keys in the section is in the [0][0] element of the returned array from IniReadSection.

IniReadSection(). Then find the size of the array.

Thanks. that was too simple. i feel stupid now. :D

Just count the number of IniWrite you make into a particular section and when you reach 1000, change the section name you feed into IniWrite.

Do note that there is a file size limit with .ini in AutoIt. 33kb, I think. I think you need the Ex version for larger files. Not that familiar since I've never had the need to use large .ini files.

That is if you're doing the writing. If you're reading an .ini file, you use IniReadSection. The number of keys in the section is in the [0][0] element of the returned array from IniReadSection.

hmmm. i just a second ago read 10 sections containing 1000 keys in each section.