Registry Changes Not Changed

We are using the following AutoIt script on some Windows 95/98 PC's:

RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\UPDATE", "NetworkPath", "REG_SZ", "\\BR_USERS\sys\public\config.pol")

If I check that key before and after the, the change is made. However, after the computer is rebooted the registry setting is reverted back to it's old value.

Any ideas as to what might be causing this and/or what we are doing wrong would be appreciated!

Thanks,

D-

Thanks for the idea, unfortunatly the CurrentControlSet001 does not exist in Windows9x.

I have went through the registry (searched multiple times) to verify that there are no other occurences of the entry which may be resetting the value back to it's prior value.

I am stumped because it appears to be changed, but doesn't "stick". Also, if I change it manually it seems to work...wierd.

Thanks for the idea though.

D-

do you have any virus scanners or spyware/adware programs because those might block it

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]