Internet automation tool

Vu1kan

Next version just finished like 5 minutes ago. a quick couple of notes:

1. If you use dial-up this script was written for you.

2. You will have to modify some portions of the script for it to be functional for you.

-Those praticular lines are marked with ';|-o-|' at the end of them.

3. This script does not contain any of my usernames or passwords(I double checked that)

4. and the only major fixes to 4.5 over 3.5: I added a function so that if the GUI is on screen for more than 30 seconds, it'll automaticly launch the selected apps and connect you via dial-up networking. and two: i added a slightly longer delay after each program launches because i was having issues with my rather low ram supply.

Other than that, enjoy...and if you do find it useful, i would appricate some feedback...(at the very least it's a rather simple exercise in GUI.)

Internet.4.5.au3

Moooo...

• 2 weeks later...

Again, nice touches.. Code is looking better and commented.. You know what would be really cool is if you had all the data in an {.INI} file instead of hard coding the items. That thought just popped into my head. It would really make the program more flexible.

Cheers.. :)

that sounds interesting, but i'm a noob as far as any programming is concerned, I forced myself to learn the syntax for AI, could you maybe point me towards the section I'd need in the helpfile to figure that one out?

Moooo...

that sounds interesting, but i'm a noob as far as any programming is concerned, I forced myself to learn the syntax for AI, could you maybe point me towards the section I'd need in the helpfile to figure that one out?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Let me look up some code and will pass it on to you..

uh! it's driving me insane! it has the folowing messagebox "NO!!" "You can not surf the web without a virus guard!" or something like that. I do have a virus guard... 3! Spybot, Microsoft Anti-Spyware, and Ad-Aware... it's kinda annoying... then it brings up an error like like 83 because it won't run someting

wait... actually i don't have any of the connectiods (I have verizon dsl w/ msn) and i don't like the fact i have 2 change things lol. you should make an installer, so the person can change/ toggle all the things you have to change :(

Actually, that's what I'm working on now, and I'm going to try to integrate both the auto-run, and the installer using an .ini file to set the program paths in. I just can't quite figure out how to get the readini, writeini and all of that to work properly.

Moooo...

thanx dude it helped a bit. I've a beta of the proposed final version that would include three files: 1. the autolauncher itself, 2. the {.INI} file that stores the .exe paths, and 3. a run-once setup program. The zip of the beta has 1 and 2, I'm still working on 3. I've also uploaded the unzipped files for people that prefer to view scripts in their browser. If you download the two unzipped files manualy, delete ...(ini).txt and replace it with .ini .

InternetAutoTool6.0b.zip

Internet.6.0b.au3

Internet._ini_.txt

Moooo...

Actually, I haven't the foggiest idea...I'm still ironing out the last little kinks with the al...I'm going to make it so that you can customize the labels in it to your programs, but that'll just take like an hour to code...after that, I just plain don't have any further ideas to try and implement. I'll wrack my brains tho...

Moooo...