IniReading and writing to multiple sections

I'm having major trouble reading and writing to an .ini file with multiple sections. What I'm trying to do is limit each section to 1000 keys per section. When I go to add new keys, it will correctly create a new section, for example [section2]. Where I'm running into trouble is if I want to append a value to one of my keys that already exists I am unsuccessful. :D It will just continue to create that value in a new key and not append it to the old key. What I am striving for is to write 1000 keys per section and create a new section when each section limit is reached, then if I want to write data to a key that already exists in 1 of the 3 sections that I may have then it will append to that keys value in the correct section. Help would be extremely appreciated. Here's what I have so far:

For $x = 1 To $rdsectnames[0]
    $readinisection = IniReadSection($file, $rdsectnames[$x])
    For $r = 1 To $readinisection[0][0]
        If $readinisection[$r][0] = $name Then  ; if key already exists
            IniWrite ($file, $rdsectnames[$x], $name, IniRead($file, "Section" & $rdsectnames[0], $name, "") & "," & "Appended Value")  ; append
        Else
            $sectionread = IniReadSection($file, "Section" & $rdsectnames[0])   ; read .ini section
            If IsArray($sectionread) Then   ; if section contains keys/values
                If $sectionread[0][0] > 1000 Then   ; if section contains more than 1000 keys
                    IniWriteSection($file, "Section" & $rdsectnames[0] + 1, $name & "=" & "Value")  ; make new section
                Else
                    IniWrite($file, "Section" & $rdsectnames[0], $name, "Value")
                EndIf
            EndIf
        EndIf
    Next
Next
Edited by Hypertrophy

I'm having major trouble reading and writing to an .ini file with multiple sections. What I'm trying to do is limit each section to 1000 keys per section. When I go to add new keys, it will correctly create a new section, for example [section2]. Where I'm running into trouble is if I want to append a value to one of my keys that already exists I am unsuccessful. :D It will just continue to create that value in a new key and not append it to the old key. What I am striving for is to write 1000 keys per section and create a new section when each section limit is reached, then if I want to write data to a key that already exists in 1 of the 3 sections that I may have then it will append to that keys value in the correct section. Help would be extremely appreciated. Here's what I have so far:

For $x = 1 To $rdsectnames[0]
    $readinisection = IniReadSection($file, $rdsectnames[$x])
    For $r = 1 To $readinisection[0][0]
        If $readinisection[$r][0] = $name Then  ; if key already exists
            IniWrite ($file, $rdsectnames[$x], $name, IniRead($file, "Section" & $rdsectnames[0], $name, "") & "," & "Appended Value")  ; append
        Else
            $sectionread = IniReadSection($file, "Section" & $rdsectnames[0])   ; read .ini section
            If IsArray($sectionread) Then   ; if section contains keys/values
                If $sectionread[0][0] > 1000 Then   ; if section contains more than 1000 keys
                    IniWriteSection($file, "Section" & $rdsectnames[0] + 1, $name & "=" & "Value")  ; make new section
                Else
                    IniWrite($file, "Section" & $rdsectnames[0], $name, "Value")
                EndIf
            EndIf
        EndIf
    Next
Next

Hi,

i think this line

IniWrite ($file, $rdsectnames[$x], $name, IniRead($file, "Section" & $rdsectnames[0], $name, "") & "," & "Appended Value") ; append

should be

IniWrite ($file, $rdsectnames[$x], $name, IniRead($file, $rdsectnames[$x], $name, "") & "," & "Appended Value") ; append

You also should post more code, because it's not clear, where $name is coming from

;-))

Stefan