New Scite4AutoIt3 installer

Jos

• Developers

4/08/2005: Uploaded SciTe4AutoIt3.exe which contains the below updates.

• It contain the new version 1.63 of SciTE. (see History)
  • Go->F5: Will run AU3Check and then run AutoIt3. When errors are found you will get a Prompt to continue or stop
  • Build->F7: Will run AU3Check and then run AUT2EXE. When errors are found you will get a Prompt to continue or stop. It will use the Compiler directives when available or else just run with defaults.

#Compile_AUTOIT3=c:\Program file\AutoIt3\Au3beta\AutoIt3.exe                              ;Override the default Interpreter version.

#Compile_AU3Check_Dat=C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\Defs\unstable\Au3Check\au3check.dat  ;Override the default AU3Check Definition file

Compile -> Ctrl+F7: will stay as is..

• Remove the Ctrl+Shift+F5 and Ctrl+Shift+F7 shortcuts which currently run a batchfile that does the above.

Also add 2 compiler directives to specify :

This to enable to Run Unstable/Beta AutoIt3 for some scripts and the Default production version for other scripts..

==> Visit the SciTe4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions

==> Check the online documentation for an overview of all extra's you get with this installer.

Enjoy,

Updates:

04/08/2005
*** Update CompileAU3.exe v1.1.0 to facilitate the next couple of changes.
*** Changed the "Go" option to run the CompileAu3 wrapper which will Run Au3Check and then AutoIt3.exe.
*** Added  #Compiler_autoit3 directive to CompileAU3 to enable you to specify which AutoIT3 program to use.
*** Changed the "Build" option to run the CompileAu3 wrapper which will Run Au3Check and then Aut2exe.exe with 
    defaults when no Compiler directive is specified.
*** Removed "SyntaxCheck Go" and "SyntaxCheck Build" options which are now obsolete.
*** Updated installer with SciTE v1.63 
*** Updated AU3Check with v1.32 
*** Updated CodeWizard.exe v1.3
*** Added Switch-Definitions ShortCut to the start menu
Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:) Impressive change log from http://scintilla.sourceforge.net/ScintillaHistory.html

Selected entries

# Autocompletion on Windows changed to use popup window, be faster, allow choice of maximum width and height, and to highlight only the text of the selected item rather than both the text and icon if any.

# Extra items can be added to the context menu in SciTE.

# AutoIt 3 lexer improved.

# Method added for determining number of visual lines occupied by a document line due to wrapping.

# Sticky caret mode does not modify the preferred caret x position when typing and may be useful for typing columns of text.

# SciTE on Windows has a optional find and replace dialogs that can search through all buffers and search within a particular style number.

However, I don't see the last item implemented.... Am I overlooking something?

Also, I think we might need to set a max width on the intellisense tooltips; AutoItSetOption has a huge param list commentary :D

Edited by CyberSlug
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

:)  Impressive change log  from http://scintilla.sourceforge.net/ScintillaHistory.html

Selected entries

Also, I think we might need to set a max width on the intellisense tooltips; AutoItSetOption has a huge param list commentary :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Add this to your settings:

find.replace.advanced=1

• Developers

:)  Impressive change log  from http://scintilla.sourceforge.net/ScintillaHistory.html

Selected entries

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To add the style option in Find just add this to SciteGlobal.properties:

find.replace.advanced=1
Maybe should be added as a standard ?

The max size now is the Screen width. The description comes from the helpfile. Just make them shorter and the issue is solved ... :D

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I should have read the manual before asking about the advanced find/replace.

The max size now is the Screen width

Hmm, I've looked at the documentation and properties files, but cannot find that setting :">

(It's odd that "Find in buffers" isn't an option. I sometimes like to mark all instances of something in all buffers... oh well )

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

• Developers

Hmm, I've looked at the documentation and properties files, but cannot find that setting  :">

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No..... I meant to say that currently it runs off the screen and shows as much as the screen can display (ScreenWidth).

The description for Opt/AutoItSetOption is pulled from the helpfile so if you wanted to limit the length of the intellisense description then you could make the change in the Helpfile.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I must be overlooking the obvious again:

How can a run a script that contains

Opt("TrayAutoPause", 0)

The syntax checker gives the error "Unknown function name" and completely aborts the process of running the script.

I tried renaming the .#au3.api.1.1 file in the C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\api

Edited by CyberSlug

• Developers

I must be overlooking the obvious again:

How can a run a script that contains

Opt("TrayAutoPause", 0)

The syntax checker gives the error "Unknown function name" and completely aborts the process of running the script.

I tried renaming the .#au3.api.1.1 file in the C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\api

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, lost you on this one...it works fine for me..

Did you load the Production (3.1.1) or the BETA 3.1.1++ definitions ?

When AU3Check gives the error you should get the prompt to Stop or Continue anyway.

:) Isn't the issue that you are running the regular AUtoit3.exe in stead of 3.1.1++?

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I imagine it's user error (mine).

I've worked around the problem by changing the hotkey binding to run AutoIt instead of the syntax checker.

I've tried both the production and the BETA definitions. The production at least prompts me to continue. When I choose to continue the script quits with unknown function error or something.

I will investigate later as I don't see anything obviously wrong and I'm trying to finish a tray icon script.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developers

Uploaded a new version of SciTe4Au3Upd.exe which contains definitions for v3.1.1.10 released apr 19, 2005 and also contains below updates.

Its a small installer that will patch your current installation with the updated files.

==> Check the online documentation for a overview of all extra's you get with the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer.

Enjoy,

*** Update Tidy v1.28.8: 
    Fixed line numbering in the documentation file in case empty lines were removed.
    Added -= += /= *= operator support.
*** Updated AU3Check v1.37: support for += -= *= /= &= assignment operators, and True False
Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Uploaded a new version of SciTe4Au3Upd.exe which contains definitions for v3.1.1.15 and the previous posted updates.

It also contains the definitions for the long list of GUI??? UDFs which were included in 3.1.1.15 and even more will be included in the upcoming 3.1.1.16 version.

Thanks to gafrost and Cyberslug for creating these GUI UDF's and gafrost for documenting them all !

Its a small installer that will patch your current installation with the updated files.

==> Check the online documentation for a overview of all extras you get with the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer.

Enjoy,

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Uploaded a new version of SciTe4Au3Upd.exe

I just downloaded it, but I got:
ERROR: Opt() called with illegal argument 1: "ProvideRunStdout"
            Opt("ProvideRunStdout", 1)
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
and also:
            Opt("ProvideRunStdout", 0)
Same with AutoItSetOption() instead of Opt()

Continuing the compilation/run, everything seems OK during the run.

Edited by mdes

Gestion des congés, RTT, vacances scolaires, autres absences sur Pocket PC : CongésRFV

I just downloaded it, but I got:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
and also:
Same with AutoItSetOption() instead of Opt()

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Check out Run() parameters, as those Opts() are obsolete now?

Beta releases may change, to allow for the better.

$Temp = Run(@ComSpec & " /c IPCONFIG","", @SW_HIDE)
$IPConfig = ""
While 1
    $IPConfig = $IPConfig & StdoutRead($Temp)
    If @error = -1 Then ExitLoop
Wend
GUICtrlSetData($SetupRouterIP, "")
$AllIP = StringRegExp($IPConfig, "(Passerelle.*?|Gateway.*?)([0-9]+\.[0-9]+\.[0-9]+\.[0-9]+)\n", 2)

Program is crashing on the StringRegExp() call, but only when running the compiled .EXE, everything is going fine when running from SciTE.

What other informations do you want to help me to find why?

Exception Information
Code: 0xc0000005                 Flags: 0x00000000
Record: 0x0000000000000000                  Address: 0x0000000000422a44

System Information
Windows NT 5.1 Build: 2600

CPU Vendor Code: 756E6547 - 49656E69 - 6C65746E
CPU Version: 00000695  CPU Feature Code: A7E9F9BF
CPU AMD Feature Code: 00BBE824

Module 1
EditConfig.exe

Image Base: 0x00400000           Image Size: 0x00000000
Checksum: 0x00000000             Time Stamp: 0x42553928
Version Information

Signature:           feef04bd
 StrucVer:            00010000
 FileVer:             (3.1:1.1)
 ProdVer:             (3.1:1.1)
 FlagMask:            00000017
 Flags:               00000000

FileType:            00000000
 SubType:             00000000
 FileDate:            00000000:00000000

Module 2

ntdll.dll
Image Base: 0x7c910000           Image Size: 0x00000000
Checksum: 0x000b6b14             Time Stamp: 0x41109627

Version Information
 Signature:           feef04bd
 StrucVer:            00010000
 FileVer:             (5.1:2600.2180)
 ProdVer:             (5.1:2600.2180)
 FlagMask:            0000003f

Flags:               00000000
 FileType:            00000002
 SubType:             00000000
 FileDate:            00000000:00000000

Module 3
kernel32.dll
Image Base: 0x7c800000           Image Size: 0x00000000
Edited by mdes

Gestion des congés, RTT, vacances scolaires, autres absences sur Pocket PC : CongésRFV

Check out Run() parameters, as those Opts() are obsolete now?

Beta releases may change, to allow for the better.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for your quick reply. I did'nt seen that run() accepts know a 4th param (std i/o flag); ut (1) where can I get this information, and (2) Run() with a 4th param is not accepted while running my appl :)

Thanks for your quick reply.  I did'nt seen that run() accepts know a 4th param (std i/o flag); ut (1) where can I get this information, and (2) Run() with a 4th param is not accepted while running my appl :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you wish to keep up to date with alpha/beta changes, you need to keep an eye on this thread. Scite will change, as the beta changes. So you can use versions that match, or change and update, as the beta changes. Yes, does cause headaches for those who choose to use any serious beta scripts, but that is the choice of the user.

StringRegExp() has problems. Bur sounds strange why it changes from compiled to uncompiled. Perhaps this should be reported as a bug?

Basic options:

You can update the beta, and your script, or return to a previous version of Scite, to match the beta.

Sorry, for little help, that I offer. :D

If you wish to keep up to date with alpha/beta changes, you need to keep an eye on this thread.

Sorry, for little help, that I offer. :huh:

That's enough :D Everything is working :)

Many thanks :D

I suppose you all have been praised for your work before but well done on the Scite4AutoIt3 update.. I was using another editor till I found this project and now it has made things so much easier to compile and run Au3 apps/scripts.

Again, thanks....:)

• Developers

Uploaded a new version of SciTe4Au3Upd.exe which contains definitions for v3.1.1.17 and much more updates for your SciTE installation...

==> Check the online documentation for a overview of all extras you get with the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer.

Enjoy,

:(

04/28/2005

*** Update AU3.properties to support the Beta Installer:

F1=Help Production

F5=Run Production

F7=CompileProduction

Alt+F1=Help Beta

Alt+F5=Run Beta

Alt+F7=Compile Beta

*** Update CompileAU3.exe v1.1.3 (jdeb):

The "Stop" button will now have the focus to be able to Enter in case of errors.

Using the new Autoit STD functions.

Changed the retrieval of the AutoIt3 path from the registry.

*** Update Tidy v1.28.9 (jdeb):

Fixed line numbering in the documentation file in case empty lines were removed.

Added -= += /= *= operator support.

Added Indenting support for With...EndWith keywords.

Added support for ComObj notation

*** Updated SciLexer.dll (jdeb):

Fixed issue when commenting #CE.

Added folding support for With...EndWith keywords.

Fixed issue when typing continuation character in #cs-#ce section.

*** Added LUA script for Trace Functions (Valik)

*** Updated AU3Check v1.39 (Tylo):

support for += -= *= /= &= assignment operators, and True False keywords and more.

*** Updated several LUA Debug script  (Valik)

*** Updated the abbreviations (Mhz)

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.