Is this possible?

Shakala

Ok well, here is a example of what i am working with and what i want to happen...

I have a GUI set up with 3 input boxes and a Begin Button. The user types information into these 3 boxes, and press Begin. The script opens up a web page and types the information into 3 different areas. I have it all set up and working atm. But, i want the script to break apart the word that was previously inputted, and to add some delays between each letter it types (H(delay .25second)e(delay .25seconds) l (delay .25seconds) l (delay .25seconds) 0(delay .25seconds) etc) Here is a coding example of what i want it to do. (this is just an example that might be able to help clarify what im trying to say)

$AccountName = "Johnny" ;Some Text (unknown to me on the real script)
$AccountPass = "asdf" ;More text    (also unknown to me on the real script)

Send($AccountName) ;i want it to send   J + delay   O + delay     H + delay     N + delay   etc etc...
Send($AccountPass) ;i want it to send   a + delay   s + delay     d + delay     f + delay   etc etc...

I assume this will need some sort of a forloop, but i am unsure where to start for it to break apart the word.

Something i thought of would make a different input box for each letter, and assigning them each to a different variable and doing it that way, but i feel that that is unnecessary.

I am looking for this because i am making a script for a browser based game, and i want to make sure 100% everything is delayed as a precaution. i am adding more than i need, but i like to be safe with what i am doing. It is also a way for me to become more familiar with the way gui-s work and also coding in AutoIt

If you can help out in any way, that would be amazing.

Thanks ~Shakala

SIDENOTE: If you need to see my code, let me know. *I am newish to AutoIt so if you do want to see my code, i assure you, it will be messy ^^ Fairwarning

u can make it like this:

mouseclick("left",x,y,1,500) the x y coord of the account input text area

$1stl= text area input

$2ndl= second text area input

$3rdl=....

$4thl=....

Send("$1stl")

sleep(250)

Send("$2ndl")

sleep(250)

Send("3rdl")

sleep(250)

Send("$4thl")

sleep(250)

same for the psw...

u should obviusly make like 8-9 text area with only 1-2 char allowed per text area...

maybe there is some smarter, harder, longer way... but i actually know only this and this should also solve ur problem... (if i helped mark as answearer)

Edited by powerpoison

It sure is

$delay = 100

$aAcc = StringSplit($AccountName,"")
$aPass = StringSplit($AccountPass,"")

For $i=1 To $aAcc[0] Step 1
    Send ($aAcc[$i])
    Sleep($delay)
Next

For $i=1 To $aPass[0] Step 1
    Send ($aPass[$i])
    Sleep($delay)
Next
[font="Impact"]Use the helpfile, It´s one of the best exlusive features of Autoit.[/font]http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q555375ALIBI Run - a replacement for the windows run promptPC Controller - an application for controlling other PCs[size="1"]Science flies us to the moon. Religion flies us into buildings.[/size][size="1"]http://bit.ly/cAMPZV[/size]

Opt('SendKeyDelay',250)

Send($AccountName) ;i want it to send   J + delay   O + delay     H + delay     N + delay   etc etc...
 Send($AccountPass) ;i want it to send   a + delay   s + delay     d + delay     f + delay   etc etc...

I think I'm winner here :-)

Edited by Zedna

Opt('SendKeyDelay',250)

I feel owned :D Why do I do everything the hard way :D
[font="Impact"]Use the helpfile, It´s one of the best exlusive features of Autoit.[/font]http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q555375ALIBI Run - a replacement for the windows run promptPC Controller - an application for controlling other PCs[size="1"]Science flies us to the moon. Religion flies us into buildings.[/size][size="1"]http://bit.ly/cAMPZV[/size]

Or you could simply use Opt("SendKeyDelay", miliseconds).

Edit: Apparently Zedna had that idea 2 minutes ago. I need to remember to refresh the page :D

Edited by Hawkwing

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

It sure is

$delay = 100

$aAcc = StringSplit($AccountName,"")
$aPass = StringSplit($AccountPass,"")

For $i=1 To $aAcc[0] Step 1
    Send ($aAcc[$i])
    Sleep($delay)
Next

For $i=1 To $aPass[0] Step 1
    Send ($aPass[$i])
    Sleep($delay)
Next

Thanks. im going to try The post below yours first (Aka, Zedna's)

u can make it like this:

mouseclick("left",x,y,1,500) the x y coord of the account input text area

$1stl= text area input

$2ndl= second text area input

$3rdl=....

$4thl=....

Send("$1stl")

sleep(250)

Send("$2ndl")

sleep(250)

Send("3rdl")

sleep(250)

Send("$4thl")

sleep(250)

same for the psw...

u should obviusly make like 8-9 text area with only 1-2 char allowed per text area...

maybe there is some smarter, harder, longer way... but i actually know only this and this should also solve ur problem... (if i helped mark as answearer)

I was planning on doing that as a last resort sort of thing. Thanks for posting.

Opt('SendKeyDelay',250)

hm... lol seems too easy lol. Im going to try it now.

Well, Since Zedna's single line of code worked exactly how i needed it to, im giving the gold star to them ^^

Edited by Shakala