Updated bios with the help of AutoIt

timone

Hi all this is my first post in this forum.

I will describe what the problem was, I need to update the bios on the old pc, I only access them by telnet, it works on them windows xp. Update from the windows I want to do the program WinFlash 1.76 (award bios) with the transfer of parameters to the program WinFlash will not have a problem, but how did the initial tests with other programs GUI running with AutoIt through telnet did not work properly.

Please direct me how to write this script.

No, I did not understands the parts between those two phrases.

$meNotUnderstand = _StringBetween($yourPost, "Hi all this is my first post in this forum", "Please direct me how to write this script")

It was this:

I will describe what the problem was, I need to update the bios on the old pc, I only access them by telnet, it works on them windows xp. Update from the windows I want to do the program WinFlash 1.76 (award bios) with the transfer of parameters to the program WinFlash will not have a problem, but how did the initial tests with other programs GUI running with AutoIt through telnet did not work properly.

I have such an idea: connect to a remote host with the telnet service, from a remote host doing ftp to my ftp server where bios.bin, WinFlash.exe and file generate file from AutoIt, fetching these files to a remote host, and I run file_generate_from_autoit.exe.

Ok... perhaps there is a language barrier... but certainly, this thread will succumb without some GOOD information being provided.

To the Original Poster:

Please provide, in detail, the manual steps of "flashing" the BIOS. From this manual description (again... details!) you will be provided with help from the AutoIt community. Anything short of useful data at this point will cause this thread to die.

Lar.

f_mrcleansmalm_77ce002.jpgAutoIt has helped make me wealthy

I want to use AutoIt to automate the process of updating BIOS, a program for flashing the system is WinFlash 1.76 (Award BIOS) program must be run from the command line, as you probably guessed WinFlash is a GUI program and run from the command line (telnet) to fail.

Oh, now I get it. It was still a little bit cryptic so let me repeat what you said.

- You telnet into the remote machine. You can execute commands on that machine through telnet.

- You want to run the WinFlash program to flash the machine, but you can't access this through command line alone.

- You want to write a AutoIt script that automates the WinFlash gui. You want this AutoIt script to be able to run from the command line, with some parameters that you can set in the AutoIt script that are somehow turned into commands for WinFlash.

Is this correct?

Yes this is what I meant, thank you very much for your patience and understanding.

Ah, then we can give you a list of commands that will help you. You shouldn't have to worry about the whole telnet business too much, just that it needs to be run from command line.

The command line parameters are stored in a variable called $CmdLine. The help file discusses this.

For automating the window, there are very much different ways to do this. Some functions that can help:

Run
WinWait
WinActivate
WinWaitActive
ControlClick
ControlSend
ControlSetText

I hope this sends you on your way. : )

Hello,

in my script, I wanted to use ConsoleWrite ('') but as I run the script compiled to exe file from the command line, nothing is displayed in the console, why ?

In order to do that, your script needs to be compiled as CUI.

Also, try:

ConsoleWrite ('Hello World.')
Edited by Manadar