32 Bit Pro/ENGINEER and AutoIT Problems

unigrad17

Does anyone have any experience in creating AutoIt scripts that run the Pro/ENGINEER software program? I have written a few that have worked fine on my 64 bit computer, but when I use the same scripts (I do change the run command to run the 32 bit version of Pro/E instead of the 64 bit version)on my 32 bit laptop, they don't work. I don't get any errors, they just don't run any processes. I also have this problem when trying to run a simple DOS Batch file. Does anyone know why I would be experiencing these problems? My sample code is only 1 line: run ("ptcstatus.bat", "Y:\Software\Win32\proe\prod\bin", @SW_MAXIMIZE) Note that I have AutoScript IT V3.3 installed on both computers and this script works fine on my 64 bit desktop, but not on my 32 bit laptop. Thank you for any help that you can offer.

Does anyone have any experience in creating AutoIt scripts that run the Pro/ENGINEER software program? I have written a few that have worked fine on my 64 bit computer, but when I use the same scripts (I do change the run command to run the 32 bit version of Pro/E instead of the 64 bit version)on my 32 bit laptop, they don't work. I don't get any errors, they just don't run any processes. I also have this problem when trying to run a simple DOS Batch file. Does anyone know why I would be experiencing these problems? My sample code is only 1 line: run ("ptcstatus.bat", "Y:\Software\Win32\proe\prod\bin", @SW_MAXIMIZE) Note that I have AutoScript IT V3.3 installed on both computers and this script works fine on my 64 bit desktop, but not on my 32 bit laptop. Thank you for any help that you can offer.

Welcome to the forums.

While I have no clue what the problem might be, I will ask what operating systems are involved?

Maybe others can help you once you share that info.

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

Welcome to the forums.

While I have no clue what the problem might be, I will ask what operating systems are involved?

Maybe others can help you once you share that info.

Both Computers are using Windows XP Professional, 64 bit Version on the Desktop and 32 bit Version on Laptop. I actualy figured out a work around to this. I just have changed the code to the following:

Send("#r")

WinWaitActive("Run")

Send("Y:\Software\Win32\proe\prod\bin\proheavy.bat{Enter}")

This works. I would think that the Run command would work as well, but for some reason doesn't. Therefore, I have just changed my code to add the extra commands as shown above.