xOAT

So for example I have a text file that reads:

This-is-on-line-one+two+three

How do I replace the "+" with a new line so that the file turns into:

This-is-on-line-one
two
three

Its work for me.Try it out

$text = StringReplace("This-is-on-line-one+two+three", "+", @CRLF)
MsgBox(0,"",$text)

[size="4"][font="Arial Narrow"][font="Garamond"]Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference[/font][/font][/size][indent][/indent]

Its work for me.Try it out

$text = StringReplace("This-is-on-line-one+two+three", "+", @CRLF)
MsgBox(0,"",$text)

Aww, I see. I was using @LF for changing the file; which doesn't work. The help file doesn't say to use @CRLF instead. It's confusing using @CR, @LF, and @CRLF on diff. commands for the same outcome. Thanks for the help.

They are not the same. One is '\r' (@CR), the other is '\n' (@LF). Windows likes to use '\n' or "\n\r". You will notice @CR also works using StringReplace.

Edited by bo8ster

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

Aww, I see. I was using @LF for changing the file; which doesn't work. The help file doesn't say to use @CRLF instead. It's confusing using @CR, @LF, and @CRLF on diff. commands for the same outcome. Thanks for the help.

You are welcome.I think :D @CR alone will also be working. But it is good practice to use @CRLF for windows. Unix-like systems use "\n" and MacOS 9 uses "\r".

[size="4"][font="Arial Narrow"][font="Garamond"]Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference[/font][/font][/size][indent][/indent]

1. Link to advertising in signature

2. Generic and useless reply

3. Just one post. He registered to ask you if you were sure? I think that is a little too much trouble..

4. Smiley face as post icon, no one uses post icons on these forums... l o l.

Oh great tanx man. You are rocking :D